Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS---FEBRUARY 2017

Yeah it is. I remember I used to get so upset if I didn't get a certain one. But it's silly. There's always another one in the pipeline. If it's not a watch, it's a phone. Or a bag. Or a car.

My life was rearranged for me and it's been tough; I really don't get to do what I used to. Yet on the other hand, I got rid of a lot of stuff and have realized that it's OK. There's a rearranging of priorities and all that entails.

I am thinking of all the watches I sent back. Remember the Beverly Hills watch by Swiss Legend? I loved the shape, but they stuck those diamonds on them. The there was the one that resembled the windshield of a car.: The Stratosphere.  I have a handbag watch. It is a Citizen Eco-Drive and it came on a bracelet with handbag charms. I still have it, because combines both my passions: handbags and watches.

Respected Contributor

@JavaQueen wrote:

I wish Wing would make smaller models of his cooler stuff. His idea of "smaller" is 45mm. LOL>

Yes, I was interested in that Hydramatic or whatever it was called that he did under Android, but it was just too big.

Respected Contributor

Java:  I love the look of the black mop, black onyx watch.  The bracelet doesn't bother me,  but I agree,  the 5 link version was nicer.  The spinner on the original Star Halo made me nuts,  so I think I'll stay away from this new one too.  But my guess is that it wouldn't bother me as much.

Jena:  I compared the new blue abalone to the original abalone watches and the colors are very different.  The originals are a turquoise blue with a riot of other colors.  The new one is a royal blue and the color play isn't as

varied.  But it's still beautiful,  just different.  And it doesn't feel like a duplicate of my other abalone watches.  The dyed abalone is somewhere in between a really good mop dial and the original abalone in looks and color play.

Respected Contributor

You know what I thought? One could always swap out bracelets or exchange a bracelet for a strap. 

I don't know if it would drive my crazy or not. It appears that zulilly has some of the old Android model. Could only glimpse, since I don't have an acount. 

Thanks for the opinion on the blue abalone. I am still wondering if it would have been a better choice.  I do have the opportunity to get the GD.  I was also wondering about the SAN I woith purple abalone. What stopped me was the dive box and the silicone strap. It was either that or the Russian Diver.

Frequent Contributor

aub, Wing posted a new version of the Hydromatic that is upcoming and will be available in 50mm, 45 mm and 40mm. I think he's realizing he needs to make smaller watches. I bought one in 43mm and sent it back, as it was just too big for me.

Respected Contributor

Java:  I would have liked the purple abalone,  but I don't like the strap... the silcone or the style.   I've tried them before,  and they aren't comfortable on my wrist.

Respected Contributor

Jazzy:  that's good news.  I always liked Wing's designs,  but the case sizes were too big on most of them.  I'm looking forward to the 40mm.   I have one of his 42mm,  and with the weight and thickness and wide bracelet.... it's

too much for me.

Respected Contributor

I compared my 2 Starhalo watches last night & the older Android with the 5 link bracelet is a gunmetal bracelet with platinum mop dial & the new Aragon is the 3 link gold bracelet with the abalone dial & the 2 cases are different shapes.  I prefer the Android Starhalo case.

Respected Contributor

aubnwa:  that's interesting info.  Thanks.

Respected Contributor

I found a photo of an Android Star Halo like the one i have & you can see the case or where the bracelet attaches is a little different than the Aragon version.