Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS---FEBRUARY 2017

I just saw the Russian Diver in abalone. Stunning. Very different. 

The price isn't though. It's more expensive than the auto Mickey Mouse watch. If the that GD wasn't on a white strap, I would be tempted.

Trusted Contributor

I ended up buying the SS Black Spinel GD.  Only because I checked to see if there was free shipping today when using their c/c and I couldn't believe it.  Free Shipping today.  So I ordered it.  It's all your fault LavJ, since you liked it enough to buy, I decided I really liked it too.  It's very different from my spinel Invicta I have now.  This one is awesome in comparason.  So how could I not buy it?  Smiley Happy

Uncluttered dial, only one stem on the right side, and an automatic.  No batteries.  Just my kind of watch.  Smiley Wink

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

HMM...i thought LavJ got the San O auto?

I did order the Russian Diver after all. Love the shape and the dial. I kept stalking it. What can I say?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hey Java, So you have a Russian Diver coming too.  Great.  Hope we both love our new ones and no returns.

I'm sure glad you spoke up.  I ordered the wrong spinel watch.  So it's more money but it's a lot nicer also.   Anyway I got the other one cancelled and I guess that free shipping is on all day for Valentine's Day.  I got to take advantage of it finally.  Thx again.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You're welcome. Sometimes you're better off getting what you really want. They don't have too many of those. I wish I could have gotten one, but I really didn't feel like spending the money. If I am meant to have one, I'll get one, I guess someday. If not, well, that's OK, too.

Respected Contributor

Jena:  I did order the SAN I black spinel, not the GD.   I kept going back and forth, but finally decided on the SAN I, even tho it was more expensive.  I liked them both.   So,  you ended up with the SAN I too?

Java:  congratulations on your new RD.  It's a beauty.  Hope you love it.

Respected Contributor

Yesterday I ordered the Amy K. special in the denim and then I looked at my bag collection and realized that I have a small navy, a cornflower blue and a Williamsburg blue bag. Redundant.  Also,  didn't like the strap on the TSV, so I cancelled it. 

I only ordered the Russian Diver. I didn't get the original, because I thought it was too much money at $300 plus tax and shipping and I didn't want a dive box.  I only wanted stainless. Didn't see the Once Only. It was maddening, because that was only in the gold tone. I wasn't lucky.  I really didn't want it in goldtone, because I have the two-tone Deco Clone. (still love and wear that.)

What i think is that they probably made only a limited number.. They didn't say. Somehow I don't think it was in the thousands. When they aired the watch, they did the countdown clock at 475. When i decided to order, I think there were only 150.  They should have been at about $150. I think I paid a lot for my Lady Lupah with black spinel and that's because I didn't want cracked stones. Pay a little more, get a better chance at what you want and that's that. 

Well, there is one good thing: when you first get an Invicta, that battery can last for almost three years. I can wear it for a while. But that time I will probably be tired of it. Who knows? What is good about this Russian Diver is that a person could probably locate other leather straps to fit in the case. You can't say that with those other watches with rubber straps that Invicta won't make. I can't the silicone/rubber strap thing. I have gotten rid of every  rubbery/plasticky watch that I have owned--with one exception .

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I see some of us did some shopping.

I got the GD in abalone in gold, 38mm. No more abalone, that makes 3!

I was tempted by the square RD, but wanted the original MOP, which was gone in the smaller size in Goldtone.

I already had the Mickey automatic pro diver from late last year. I wasn't happy that it was on a white silicone strap, but I wore it on my trip to Germany and it was comfortable and stayed clean. The underside is blue so that helps. And I like the dial a lot and that there's no battery to worry about.

Trusted Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie wrote:

Jena:  I did order the SAN I black spinel, not the GD.   I kept going back and forth, but finally decided on the SAN I, even tho it was more expensive.  I liked them both.   So,  you ended up with the SAN I too?

Java:  congratulations on your new RD.  It's a beauty.  Hope you love it.

-  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  -  - 

Yes LavJ, Thx to Java I got the San I also.  I was going for the smaller of the two.  But decided since this doesn't have the cluttered dial and the stems sticking out the right side, hate those 3.  This was really up to my likens.  Now like all watchers, I can't wait to get it.  I wonder how long it will be in processing?  Let me know when yours leaves the docks, LJ.

Respected Contributor

Jena:  my black spinel SAN I has not shipped yet.  The GD abalone shipped yesterday.  I'll keep you posted.