Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS---FEBRUARY 2017

[ Edited ]

Me too, Java. I wonder if UPS will bring as the label indicates or will it end up Smart Post? I like the Smart Post even though it's a day later because UPS delivers so late and then it's usually when I'm not home. So Smart Post gets it here at noon. I'm anxious to see this one.
LJ,  did you get yours? What do you think?

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Trusted Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie wrote:

Jena:   I might get my watch tonight.  It's showing out for delivery.

LJ, I must know.  What do you think? Unless the spinel stones are cracked, they at least can't show a difference in colors like the apatite did.

Respected Contributor

Jena:  sorry I didn't respond last night.   It was late when I got home.  I've learned never to open packages when I'm tired,  because nothing looks good to me then.

Anyway,  I love the SAN I black spinel.  It's just what I expected having seen the presentations (many times)  and the web site pictures.   The stones look very good and even with a loupe I didn't see anything bad.   The red roman # really pop nicely on the dial,  and it's very easy to read.

While the watch is 38mm,  it appear larger, maybe because the bracelet is so wide or the thickness of the case.   I set the date and gave it a full wind (40 turns), so it's humming along.

The blue abalone GD also arrived.   I got the SS and I really like the combination with the dial.   The dial is a deep royal blue color with splashes of other colors.   I have other abalone dial watches,  but this one is different.   I think the dial is dyed because it is darker and more blue than the others.  I'm glad it's different.   And oh,  for those who were wondering,  my SS abalone GD is very easy to read...  no subdials and the hour and minute hands stand out nicely at a quick glance.

If they make a purple abalone dial on a bracelet,  I'll consider it too.

Trusted Contributor

LJ,  I'm glad it's a keeper.  My label has been created but not picked up yet.  Delivery is next Wed. Smart Post.

I didn't get the SS GD because I thought it was not anything special over what I have.   Sounds like the abalone is not that extra special for me to order.  I have quite a few abalone dials now.

Maybe this spinel will be the watch that closes my watch collection. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

Hi

Was just checking in to see LavJ's reaction to her watches. Smiley Happy I am glad that you like them.

Ms. Jena, I don't know about that watch collection. Smiley Happy

Something very strange happened. Yesterday I ordered a Joan Rivers cardigan because it was deeply discounted. It was a way to pick up a lightweight black cardigan.  The last clothing items I ordered were sent first class mail and all three envelpes were sfuffed in the mail box. ( I did't send it to the PO, becaise I didn't have the time to go to the PO . These were slacks. stuffedi in the box. I order this little cheapie swearter (which wasn't worth the original $60 price tag. I ordered it yesterday. These sent it UPS Ground and I got this eve. Silly. Where's the logic?

My watch will be waiting for me at the PO. When I finish my project, I'll go pick it up.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

For our Aragon StarHalo fans: the Black Onyx version. 

644-708

Remember they used crystals on the first models. This one has black MOP and black onyx.

Respected Contributor

@JavaQueen wrote:

For our Aragon StarHalo fans: the Black Onyx version. 

644-708

Remember they used crystals on the first models. This one has black MOP and black onyx.

I've decided that I like the bracelets that Wing used on the previous Android versions.  The Androids had 5 links & the Aragons only 3.

Trusted Contributor

Java, I'd be perfectly happy with my collection but then I come here and I see my friends buying and then I Have to take a look. You all are enablers. Now here I Have another watch coming. I have a wht ceramic Blue Manta to get sized yet plus 16 deadies at least to get serviced. But it's so much fun to have a new watch coming. Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Really nice Java. I bet in the sun it knocks your socks off. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

I never noticed it, because I couldn't get either one. Not sure about the change. I don't know if he was prevented from copying the Android model exactly or if was a matter of cost. It was probably cost. I guess I was just drawn by the idea of black MOP and gemstones instead of crystals.

I wish Wing would make smaller models of his cooler stuff. His idea of "smaller" is 45mm. LOL>