Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS---FEBRUARY 2017

Jazzy,

The GD in GT is amazing with that abalone.  I can't wear the gold and I didn't want it in SS, too much like the other. Had missed out on the two-tone.

I'm sure you'll love it.

I don't have good luck with the silicone/plastic/rubber watches, because my wrist size is in between the two holes. I generally have better luck with leather and stainless steel.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did you see where the prices have gone today? I got in just before the price reduction came to an end. Free shipping ends tonite.  

Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Respected Contributor

Jena:  yes, I saw the price increases.  Happens after every event.  And,  I noticed my black spinel just shipped... well at least a shipping label has been generated. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well, no shipping label yet. Tney just pulled the cancel button today. I know it won't kill me to wait, but I have yet to figure out why they sometimes snatch that button away within a half an hour.

Maybe they are waiting to ship it out with the itesm for President's Day? This has happened before.  Watch "events" tend to bracket holiday sales weekends. I haven't ordered anything in a long time. 

I noticed that some Invicta prices mysteriously drpped this afternoon.

Just a remidner: Croton will be returning on 2/21.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

No shipping label tonight, yet.  Yes we have to keep a watch to those prices, for if they go down from what we bought at, a credit coming......lol.  Once in a while, that happens.

Respected Contributor

Jena:   I might get my watch tonight.  It's showing out for delivery.

Honored Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I saw that they finally posted it.  I searched every way for it.  I got an email to check out the new womans watches and there it was. I ordered the silvertone.Smiley Very Happy

Spoiler

I never did order the Russian abalone watch as I wanted to see it presented first. It was the last watch shown of the whole event so I missed the lower price as it went up to $266. I see they brought it back down to $198.  I'm just worried that it will be too big for my tiny 5 1/4" wrist.

Trusted Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

@Pecky wrote:

I saw that they finally posted it.  I searched every way for it.  I got an email to check out the new womans watches and there it was. I ordered the silvertone.Smiley Very Happy

Spoiler

I never did order the Russian abalone watch as I wanted to see it presented first. It was the last watch shown of the whole event so I missed the lower price as it went up to $266. I see they brought it back down to $198.  I'm just worried that it will be too big for my tiny 5 1/4" wrist.

Hi Pecky.

I took another look at this watch and from the specs, I would guess maybe for a 5 1/4" wrist it would be to large.  But looking at the video, it's such a beautiful watch, (I'm tempted now) and it's what I would call a salad plate watch for you.  I have a 5 3/4" wrist and I can wear 45MM and they are gents size.  They are my salad plate watches.  I guess one has to get used to a large watch and not decide at first look out of the box, it's too hugh and immediately send it back.  You must wear it, get used to the  weight.   The downside is, if you decide after you get it, that you just can't handle it then it's probably around $15 or so cost for a look.  $8.95 postage to you and return using their label is $6.95?  So I guess it's up to you.  I see why you love it, so do I.  

I bought a couple of 45mm watches for my husband a few years back and he's not into watches.  Too much jewelry for him.  Wants a $25 Timex and he's happy.  So I decided to keep them.  I can pull it off, but I wouldn't want to wear them everyday.   I guess if I were you, I'd try it and see.  I know, I'm not really any help.  But my opinion.  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

I think this won't be a big, hefty watch , so maybe you can do it because it's a square. It's about the lugs and what you like. Think of it more like a bangle and less like a watch.

If you get a watch and decide to keep, you have options. Perhaps you could add a hole. Or you can also get other straps from panatime and they are made for smaller wrists, so they are shorter.

Very few Invicta watches are made for 5 inch wrists (other than the petite divers.) One exception was the Subaqua Noma IV.  

I agree with Jena, it can get pricey for just a look-see.

Respected Contributor

Finallly got a tracking number.