Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS--FEBRUARY 2016

Hello Ladies, Thanks for the heads -up on the  price for the puppy SAN1. I have had the pink one in and out of my cart for several days since it first showed online but today the orange was the one I got. Something about that bright color with the purple dial. Like the fact that it is a numbered limited edition out of 250. I like the SAN1 watches since buying the abalone SAN1 so I thought I will take a peek at this  one and decide if I love it enough to keep it. 

Respected Contributor

anisha:  congratulations on your new 'puppy'.  I loved the purple dial.

Respected Contributor

Looking for great deals?

Invicta is doing a SuperBowl marathon from its Sunday run  web site. Check it out.

They offer watches until they sell out. So you have to be quick.

Respected Contributor

Java:  thanks for the heads up.

Respected Contributor

@aprimo wrote:

Has anyone else noticed that Kendy pronounces the color orange as "ornge"? It drives me nuts! Shawn Killinger does it too. I think I recall Shawn is from Wisconsin or Michigan (I forget). Is that an Upper Midwest thing?

I remember back when Kendy was on QVC for about a minute & she pronounced garnet as Gar Net, which sounded odd!

Honored Contributor

Never tempted to order. Something about EV channel.
Not sure why I'm turned off. QVC Imo! Class act.
Respected Contributor

Well ladies,

Mr. Bozek has "stepped down" from evine. I think he owned the name of evine. Good riddance. Of course, he was given a "golden parachute." 

I could never figure that out. Why is that incompetents are rewarded? 

Who knows what this means? At the very least, if they close up shop, we can get some good blowout deals. LOL.

Trusted Contributor

@JavaQueen wrote:

Well ladies,

Mr. Bozek has "stepped down" from evine. I think he owned the name of evine. Good riddance. Of course, he was given a "golden parachute." 

I could never figure that out. Why is that incompetents are rewarded? 

Who knows what this means? At the very least, if they close up shop, we can get some good blowout deals. LOL.

Why would they allow an individual and not the company to own their name? That seems like a pretty dumb move. Of course, the name is pretty dumb too, IMO. The blind leading the blind. Smiley Frustrated

Respected Contributor

If I remember cgorrectly, evine was some  business they couldn't get off the ground for lack of funding. It was called evine. Bozek dusted it off and promoted it as a "plan." 

Dumb name. I think they purchased the name with it. My mistake. i skipped over a few things and my hands and brain aren't exactly coordinated today.

Why woulda nyone  invest in something that was a couple of years old and couldn't float?

It sounded iffy then. Most recently,  they had planned to invest more in electronics and less in jewelry.

If  the electronics category didn't perform well on the Q,  it probably wouldn't do so with evine either. If we can see it's stupid, why can't they?

You have the crazy running the asylum.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JavaQueen wrote:

If I remember cgorrectly, evine was some  business they couldn't get off the ground for lack of funding. It was called evine. Bozek dusted it off and promoted it as a "plan." 

Dumb name. I think they purchased the name with it. My mistake. i skipped over a few things and my hands and brain aren't exactly coordinated today.

Why woulda nyone  invest in something that was a couple of years old and couldn't float?

It sounded iffy then. Most recently,  they had planned to invest more in electronics and less in jewelry.

If  the electronics category didn't perform well on the Q,  it probably wouldn't do so with evine either. If we can see it's stupid, why can't they?

You have the crazy running the asylum.

Weird illogical stuff happens in the business world all the time. Right now at my job for a large corporation, I am trying to deal with a supplier who doesn't seem to have any real idea how much we owe them and doesn't seem to feel any sense of urgency to submit their invoices to us for payment. Apparently they don't need the money??

I know that's not really the case. I guess one day they will go bankrupt and it will all be a big surprise. Or they'll be bought by a bigger competitor.