Trusted Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS.......April 2015

I'm more interested in the new Pro Diver automatic (631-169), with the navy blue dial, bezel and center links. I saw it in the Invicta online catalog months ago and it's finally here! Hope there is a good deal on that. Unfortunately, it comes in one of those stupid 8-slot dive boxes. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

Respected Contributor

equss: I have both the Invicta yellow gold and rose gold plated watches, along with the all stainless. All are lovely, but I much prefer the yellow gold plated to the rose gold. I just find the yellow gold seems to go with more things I wear. It's probably all in my mind, or maybe it's just because I am used to the yellow gold color. When I see the rose gold I always think this is dressy. Yellow gold can be either casual or dressy. I think it's all a matter of personal preference. Rose gold is popular now, but in general, it is much more unusual to see people with rose gold jewelry or watches.

ETA: my skin has a lot of pink in it, so you would think I would love rose gold more, but while I like it, rose is not my first choice.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks Java and LJ ! I will watch the presentation and just go with whichever one grabs me (hopefully it will be only one). I may get one as a gift and one for me...I'm actually surprised I am interested in this watch because I usually not attracted to cute. Have a nice evening
Respected Contributor

I've had my eye on that Garden watch, too, waiting to see if the price dropped! Good to know it's the TTV. I like the SS, too, but they all look pretty. I have one of the old 34mm case size Invicta critter watches with a toucan on the face & I get more comments on that watch than any of the others I own when I wear it!

Respected Contributor

On 4/29/2015 aprimo said:

I'm more interested in the new Pro Diver automatic (631-169), with the navy blue dial, bezel and center links. I saw it in the Invicta online catalog months ago and it's finally here! Hope there is a good deal on that. Unfortunately, it comes in one of those stupid 8-slot dive boxes. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

I like that one also! And you know my feelings on the dumb boxes.

Respected Contributor

On 4/29/2015 aubnwa01 said:

I've had my eye on that Garden watch, too, waiting to see if the price dropped! Good to know it's the TTV. I like the SS, too, but they all look pretty. I have one of the old 34mm case size Invicta critter watches with a toucan on the face & I get more comments on that watch than any of the others I own when I wear it!

Hi aub!

I don't normally go for cutesy watches, but I really like this one. I remember the toucan and I was never able to get one. It was my favorite of that series. It came extremely close to the Michele version (was never able to get that one either.) The closest I came was to a Kmart knockoff for $12. It was headed for the landfill within about 2 months after purchase. Pretty ironic, no?

Anyway, as much as we harp on "Swiss Made" and movements, it is often the more humble watches in the collection which garner more interest. For me, it's the "Deco Clone," any of the Lupahs on the bracelet and the Skull Watch.

Respected Contributor

On 4/29/2015 JavaQueen said:
On 4/29/2015 aubnwa01 said:

Hi aub!

I don't normally go for cutesy watches, but I really like this one. I remember the toucan and I was never able to get one. It was my favorite of that series. It came extremely close to the Michele version (was never able to get that one either.) The closest I came was to a Kmart knockoff for $12. It was headed for the landfill within about 2 months after purchase. Pretty ironic, no?

Anyway, as much as we harp on "Swiss Made" and movements, it is often the more humble watches in the collection which garner more interest. For me, it's the "Deco Clone," any of the Lupahs on the bracelet and the Skull Watch.

I changed my mind when I saw it & went with the GT with the blue face instead of the SS white face, as it looked like it'd be easier to read the time for my aged eyes than the white hands on the white face! Being able to see the time at a glance is a priority!

The invicta toucan watch & my Android StarHalos seem to be the biggest attention getters when I wear them, so you're right about the humbler watches!

Respected Contributor

aubnwa: congratulations. Hope you love the watch, it's very pretty. I was tempted too.

equss: which color or colors did you get?

As I was watching the presentation last night, I realized that it is not just the color of the metal but also the dial that is important when picking a watch or deciding between different ones. Is the dial more important or the bracelet/band? How do you make a choice? I generally prefer yellow gold, or stainless. But on the TS, I really love the pink mop dial. I think the dial, especially on a watch like this one, is the most important in making a choice. What do you all think?

Trusted Contributor

I ended up going with the pink TS. I liked the way the host put it and thought she was right on when she said the white is most classic, the pink most subtle, and the GT the most contrast. I am debating the white one too but think I should stop at one...it may be alittle too large to give as gift. I hope anyone that decides to purchase enjoys!! I imagine it will sell out unless they made a huge number.

Respected Contributor

LavJ, I think the dial is one of selling points of this watch; it serves as the "canvas," I own the Mosaic watch and although you might call it a "fashion" piece, it was all about that abalone and MOP. Stunning.