Respected Contributor

Re: WATCH COLLECTORS--APRIL 2016

The International is really nice in the two-tone blue option. I still think it a good deal at $129,  Not much of a "special price." You know what will happen: they'll be clearanced at a higher price.

It always alnnoys me, because some of the men's auto prices can be had for as little as $79.

Raising the issue of the "Malaysia movement" in a $100 watch, is a nonissue. (this is for those lurkers out there. Invicta is really great at doing the Pro Diver./Grand Diver.

The women's Gen II pieces, aren't such a good deal at evine, however.

Trusted Contributor

I love the diamond accented 637-854 yet, more than the International. The TT at $128 still has me interested. It only has the 3 slot box to pitch and not the 8 slot, the International brings with it. I'm still waiting for free shipping.
Time Saver: Post item numbers. TY
Trusted Contributor

Well what can I say.  I looked into my collection and right away I found a close substitute for what I was contemplating buying.  I guess I'll be happy with what I have.  Note to self:  must get the automatics out and wind them....

image.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

Ah yes, the Abyss! Isn't that the Abyss MOP auto that we had a buying frenzy over a couple of years ago? Shop had accidentally marked them down to near $60 and we snapped them up!

Respected Contributor

aprimo: Yes,  I still really like the Abyss too.  I wear mine relatively often.

Jena:  I used to wind my automatics every month.   Then it went to every 3 months.  Now I'm lucky to get to them every 6 months.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@aprimo wrote:

Ah yes, the Abyss! Isn't that the Abyss MOP auto that we had a buying frenzy over a couple of years ago? Shop had accidentally marked them down to near $60 and we snapped them up!

@You have a great memory, Aprimo.  Yes I paid $69.34 + shpg and I find they still sell it only in my TT for $92.01 @ 38mm.  (628-670) Really a beautiful watch but doesn't look like it on their photo.  And it comes in a one slot box.. Yippee!

Yes we got ourselves a great deal here.  We have the neatest watches sitting in our collection and they don't see the light of day.  Then I keep looking for more. Crazy.

Gee LJ, I don't feel so bad now, I thought you were religiously winding your automatics monthly.  

Trusted Contributor

@jenagal wrote:

@aprimo wrote:

@You have a great memory, Aprimo.  Yes I paid $69.34 + shpg and I find they still sell it only in my TT for $92.01 @ 38mm.  (628-670) Really a beautiful watch but doesn't look like it on their photo.  And it comes in a one slot box.. Yippee!

Yes we got ourselves a great deal here.  We have the neatest watches sitting in our collection and they don't see the light of day.  Then I keep looking for more. Crazy.

Gee LJ, I don't feel so bad now, I thought you were religiously winding your automatics monthly.  

I really had to talk myself down from that Puppy Bolt Zeus when it went on Once Only. I managed it only because I kept telling myself that in those colors I just wouldn't wear it often enough to justify it. But I gotta tell you, if the price had been $199 instead of $299, it might have been a different story. And yet, I have watches in my collection that haven't been worn yet. I need to keep reminding myself of that.

Respected Contributor

The Abyss was a ncei one and they didn't bring it back. If you have that, you don't need the GD auto. Jena, I am glad you have the watch to enjoy. You've done your share of heavy lifting when it come to watch buying. So you should have quite a few gems there to enjoy! Smiley Happy

I sold my Abyss to a Geek. I had never gotten  around to sizing it. Would I like to kick myself? Probably. At the time I also needed to raise quick cash.  I think at the time I noticed that a few shiny/white dial watches and it seemed redundant.  

I didn't watch this event. Much too busy and I  didn't want to be tempted.

For those who never picked up on  a 34mm auto, I would love to see Invicta bring that back. Now 34mm is a very nice size,  not too big. Not too small.  I had started wearing my three 34mm PDs just to switch it up a little. and I had forgotten what a nice size that really is.

Respected Contributor

Java, the only watch I've added lately is a Citizen Eco-Drive two-tone 34mm that I got from Costco on sale & used Costco cash cards that I got as holiday & birthday gifts & my Costco rebate checks to pay for it, so it didn't really cost me anyhting out of my own pocket.  It's a nice watch, with a sapphire crystal & it will never need a battery, which is a plus for me.  I still have a bunch of dead soldiers that I need to take for batteries.  The 34mm case on the Citizen is a nice size, too.

Trusted Contributor

LJ, Aprimo..or anyone else.  Did you buy this TT Abyss?  I love this watch.  It's keeping great time and for the money I think it's a real sleeper deal.  JMHO.