Honored Contributor

Wasn't the whole thing about Ultrafine was that it didn't tarnish?  I kept my three bracelets which I wear mainly in the summer, in my silver safe amoire.  They're definately dull!  

Has anyone else had a problem?  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Ultrafine Silver Problem.

@ECBG wrote:

Wasn't the whole thing about Ultrafine was that it didn't tarnish?  I kept my three bracelets which I wear mainly in the summer, in my silver safe amoire.  They're definately dull!  

No. I have never had that problem with the Ultrafine. Just the other day I was going through my silver to find a pair of their large, wide hoop earrings that I wanted to give to my daughter. Found them and they were just as beautiful and shiny as the day I bought them and I would think that I have had them over 15 years. That is true of all the pieces I have gotten from them over the years.
Honored Contributor

@ECBG  By dull do you mean tarnished?  Give them a few swipes with a silver polishing cloth.  Ultra Fine shouldn't tarnish but I've found the quality there has deteriorated like most things.  I got a pair of earrings a few months ago that were so cheaply made, I had to get pliers and remake them to get and keep them on. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG

Um .....   I don't believe so.   The whole thing about Ultrafine is that it uses other alloys that aren't irritating, like nickel can be.  

Nickel is used in most sterling pieces and is the culprit that can turn skin green.

It's my understanding that Ultrafine tarnishes less than regular sterling.   I have several pieces, and none of them have tarnished, but every couple months when I go over my regular sterling with a polishing cloth, I also give all my Ultrafine pieces a swipe, as well.   Just because.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Yes, mine tarnished until I bought a specially treated pouch from EBay to store them in. I also use a silver cloth to clean them before storing them. It definitely keeps them pristine.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ECBG  By dull do you mean tarnished?  Give them a few swipes with a silver polishing cloth.  Ultra Fine shouldn't tarnish but I've found the quality there has deteriorated like most things.  I got a pair of earrings a few months ago that were so cheaply made, I had to get pliers and remake them to get and keep them on. 

@Kachina624Thanks. Good to see you.  I did give them a good swipe thanks.  It's just as annoying as it could be considering how that vendor speaks about his product.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, my ultrafine silver tarnishes. I use silver cleaner.

Honored Contributor

I thought the pitch about tarnishing was that it doesn't tarnish as quickly as silver that uses more alloys in it.  Not that it never tarnishes.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I thought the pitch about tarnishing was that it doesn't tarnish as quickly as silver that uses more alloys in it.  Not that it never tarnishes.

That's what I thought too.......I do like @Kachina624 said and they look bright and shiny again....

Respected Contributor

I lived in a very humid area and all my silver tarnished even when kept in Pacific silver cloth... This brand was no different than the other silver I have.