Valued Contributor

Thoughts on Sterling Silver Designers/Designer Day

Just read another discussion about folks being disappointed in Michael Dawkins and his repetitive designs; have read numerous comments about how very expensive Judith Ripka has become, etc. While I know we still enjoy these designers and their designs, sure wonder why we can't see more sterling designers like we used to, like David Sigal (who is a great guest and unique and very affordable sterling designs), would love to bring back Joseph Esposito, Seidengang, Suarti, Elizabeth Rand, and others we see so sporadically, if at all. Some of their designs are somewhat pricey, too, but I don't think nearly as expensive as the sterling designers who are on the Q habitually. I know sterling silver has increased quite a bit in recent months, but I still bet the Q could find more affordable sterling designers with a breath of freshness to their designs, if they would give up show time from these other designers who are on so often. Also, while not terribly inexpensive, at least Echo of the Dreamer is unique, new and so interesting, but appears they are phasing her out, too. Hopefully QVC will see not nearly as many sellouts as previously for their current sterling designers, and perhaps will rethink and get us some new Sterling Designers!!