Honored Contributor

Re: THEFT OF KIM K.'S ENORMOUS DIAMOND

Please don't put your rings in your wallet or handbag.  That is just about the easiest thing to steal that you have on you.  I once had a purse stolen when some kid saw mine was unattended.  My engagement ring was inside, but fortunately the police found the bag in a trash bin.  I lost some cash, but not the ring. 

Honored Contributor

I don't have anything huge, but my wedding set is insured. The only time I haven't worn it was when I was in the hospital. What is the point of having nice jewelry if you aren't going to wear it? I understand it is an investment, but personally I don't want to own something that is so expensive that I never want to wear it in public. I want to wear my jewelry not just visit it in a bank's safety deposit box. 

Super Contributor

Who needs a rock like that anyway? I don't think it was that nice. Very fake and plain looking and it didn't shine much. Certainly not worth 4 million in my eyes.

Personally I like nothing more than a 3 carat JTV Bella Luce with some smaller Bella Luces going down the sides of the 14ct white gold band. I can't see spending thousands of dollars when the Bella Luces look better than diamonds, imo. I'd rather use the money for something more important.