Trusted Contributor

Re: THEFT OF KIM K.'S ENORMOUS DIAMOND

@willomenia wrote:

I don't believe Kim was really robbed or attacked, I think this is an insurance scam or just a plain publicity stunt. Funny how there were no witnesses, and just so happens her bodyguard wasn't at his post. Yeah right Kim!!!

I don't believe the story either.  Time after time they are always in crisis mode ... KK is suing a newpaper who stated the story was a hoax.  

Trusted Contributor

Years ago, when travel was less of a hassle and more safe, I used to bring a jewelry wardrobe with me when we travelled, especially on a cruise. As time went by and it became harder to maintain complete control of one's possessions, I cut it down to one white gold set and oneyellow gold set.  Now I wear a small pair of gold hoops and a small gold necklace and call it done when we travel. I figure it isn't enough for someone to want to kill me for, and it goes with everything.

Respected Contributor

That thought did occur to me, but she also seems to be stupid enough to flaunt everything for publicity. This is the woman who let her child scribble on an Hermes bag. (or Chanel?) and proudly walked around with it. So anything is possible. It came on the heels of the tale of the alleged robbery of Olympians in Rio.

However whether one is KK or not, it is really stupid to let the whole world know about your wealth and/or status symbol possessions. People who have flashed cash, etc. on facebook have ended up dead. Home invasions, etc.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I always wore an obscenely large stone Diamonique ring & stud earrings when traveling. I didn't want to wear/lose my real diamonds. After seeing KK getting robbed & tied up, will reconsider & purchase  smaller more believable stones for travel. I can't imagine going through that terrible trauma for fake jewelry.

I do the opposite.  I leave my large diamonds and wedding ring set and I wear smaller 1 ct diamonique pieces or smaller when I travel.

My goal when traveling is draw the least amount of attention and trouble.

Respected Contributor

I have heard it said that Kim K shouldn't wear such expensive jewelry or whatever.

I disagree - it is hers and she is perfectly entitled to wear it.  Or to keep it in a hotel room.

What I find wrong is someone TAKING it from the rightful owner.  Why shouldn't you wear what is yours?

I can understand questioning taking it on a long trip, as it could get lost.  But, she shouldn't have to wear Diamonique if she has real stones. 

What does kind of get me is dressing little children in such expensive clothes when they won't fit in another month.  It is one area that I wish they would donate to other children in lieu of a fur coat for a toddler.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

it was my understanding that most of the rich & famous wore fakes when traveling.  Kim likes to show off and it turned out to be a horrible experience.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@willomenia

I also don't believe that Kim was robbed. The few minutes her ONE bodyguard went to get her sisters from the nightclub???? How come the sisters didn't have bodyguards looking after them at the dance club? In the middle of the night in Paris -- there's tons of traffic. I think the video shown on tv -- 3 guys riding away on bicycles and 2 guys walking (one carrying a backpack) was a reinactment. Not one car drove by!!!!! Their tv show's ratings kept hitting new lows -- good excuse to stop taping. Also, Kim needs a very long rest from show biz. We also need a rest from this fake family.

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I have heard it said that Kim K shouldn't wear such expensive jewelry or whatever.

I disagree - it is hers and she is perfectly entitled to wear it.  Or to keep it in a hotel room.

What I find wrong is someone TAKING it from the rightful owner.  Why shouldn't you wear what is yours?

I can understand questioning taking it on a long trip, as it could get lost.  But, she shouldn't have to wear Diamonique if she has real stones. 

What does kind of get me is dressing little children in such expensive clothes when they won't fit in another month.  It is one area that I wish they would donate to other children in lieu of a fur coat for a toddler.

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003

I get your point, but if you FLAUNT expensive jewelry, you are INVITING a criminal element into your life.   She's really lucky she wasn't killed!

Plus, why wasn't this ring insured?

Esteemed Contributor

That amount of expensive jewelry should have been locked up in the hotel's safe.  Every good luxury hotel has a vault with lock boxes for customer's expensive jewelry and except for what she was wearing that day that is where it should have been kept.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
Unless I hear an announcement from the French authorities that this vicious crime was a "hoax" I see no reason to believe that. I am not an admirer, but I'm not going down the path of blaming the victim of a crime, whether of not she is "smart" or "likable." Personally, I try to use common sense. First of all, I never flashed an jewelry on social media. Secondly, I would not wear flashy/ large stuff (even fakes) in certain venues to attempt to reduce my desirability as a target. While KK's robbers obviously pre-planned their crime, there are criminals who assault their victims and grab the jewelry with assessing the value first.
Do the math.