Honored Contributor

THEFT OF KIM K.'S ENORMOUS DIAMOND

I always wore an obscenely large stone Diamonique ring & stud earrings when traveling. I didn't want to wear/lose my real diamonds. After seeing KK getting robbed & tied up, will reconsider & purchase  smaller more believable stones for travel. I can't imagine going through that terrible trauma for fake jewelry.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: THEFT OF KIM K.'S ENORMOUS DIAMOND

I've always questioned the sales pitch about leaving your real stones at home and wear big flashy fakes. when traveling.   To me....a thief doesn't have time to evaluate the value.  

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I've always questioned the sales pitch about leaving your real stones at home and wear big flashy fakes. when traveling.   To me....a thief doesn't have time to evaluate the value.  

I have always thought that, too...I have some Diamonique rings that look very very real...and have been asked about them...I always say they aren't real...but those people didn't know...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Please keep in mind.

She posted it all over social media. Which is why I hate Facebook, etc. She is highly visible.

. Most people who seem "average," wouldn't go around with a ring of that carat size if it were real. A thief with some sense knows that.  If you have something like that, it's in the safe and only for special. occasions. A seasoned thief knows, a newbie probably wouldn't know.

Bottom line: don't flash in real tme or on social media.

Honored Contributor

@JavaQueen wrote:

Please keep in mind.

She posted it all over social media. Which is why I hate Facebook, etc. She is highly visible.

. Most people who seem "average," wouldn't go around with a ring of that carat size if it were real. A thief with some sense knows that.  If you have something like that, it's in the safe and only for special. occasions. A seasoned thief knows, a newbie probably wouldn't know.

Bottom line: don't flash in real tme or on social media.

Even people who aren't "average" have the sense to wear more appropriate size stones for every day use and for travel.  The queen wears a conservative 2 ct (I believe) diamond engagement ring.  Granted she has some honkin' jewels, but they are worn at the appropriate time.

The K family craves attention from every angle: hair, make-up, clothing, cars, jewelry.  I can't believe they are so surprised that they finally drew attention from someone who was up to no good.  Shocker...

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

@fthunt Must not take some long to evaluate. I was at the grocery store one day unloading my cart when the man behind me said nice ring. I thought why are you scoping out my ring. I just smiled & said yes it is. I just figured with the size most people that see it would think it's fake but he knew it was not.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I always wore an obscenely large stone Diamonique ring & stud earrings when traveling. I didn't want to wear/lose my real diamonds. After seeing KK getting robbed & tied up, will reconsider & purchase  smaller more believable stones for travel. I can't imagine going through that terrible trauma for fake jewelry.

@Shanus

I've thought of that .... and somehow if a thief was in my face wanting my diamonique ring, I would slip it off without hesitation and say I paid $30 for it on QVC .... lol.   The joke's on him.

Thieves that go after big heists are very sophisticated and knowledgeable.  If a woman is wearing a "honking  big stone" and is carrying a $50 purse, you can bet serious money those stones are fake.    They take everything into consideration .... clothing, shoes, handbag, other jewelry .....  and can estimate your annual income very close to the actual figure.  Most won't bother with the "stuff" and would only be interested in what's in your wallet.

Honored Contributor

I don't have anything to compare with KK's jewels.  I'm not worried about that type of robbery.  My concern when I travel is that the hotel maids might take something or I might lose the bag I carry them in while I'm travelling.  I don't and never did take much jewelry with me when I travel.  We go to very nice restaurants and in London, we like to go to the theatre and to art shows.  So, I do take good jewelry with me.  If I'm not going to wear the good stuff then, when would I wear it?  I just don't take a lot and I'm wearing most of it.  I have 3ct anniversary band that is really "too much" for everyday wear in my real life.  I do wear that as my wedding band and I wear 2ct Dmq earrings for my earrings and a real diamond heart pendant.  A gold bangle or two.  I wear most of it and on the rare occasions when we go somewhere a little sketchy, I don't let the pendant show and I turn the ring backwards so only the band shows.  I'm really not a "the sky is falling" type of person.  I exersize common sense but I live my life.  I wear the splashy anniversary band because if I did lose that or if it got stolen, it wouldn't be such a big deal.  But if I lost my wedding set, that would break my heart.  That's the one that has sentimental value.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't wear real jewelry, not even sterling silver jewelry when I'm on vacation. I leave all rings at home and only wear a watch and a stretch bracelet that I made myself from beads from Michael's craft store. If I lose them or if they get lost, it's no big deal.

Trusted Contributor

I don't believe Kim was really robbed or attacked, I think this is an insurance scam or just a plain publicity stunt. Funny how there were no witnesses, and just so happens her bodyguard wasn't at his post. Yeah right Kim!!!