Valued Contributor

Suggestion for Barbara Bixby

I don't know if these suggestions ever go anywhere but here goes:

Please make J329124, or a similar piece, in a smaller charm. I absolutely love this enhancer, but it's too big for me. I have several of the 1"-1.5" charms that I love to put on pieces.
Thank you

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestion for Barbara Bixby

@Quse I'm glad you started this thread and I, too, hope these suggestions are passed along. 

I had an idea when I was watching the presentation of the lariat necklace that's made with pearls. I would LOVE to see this necklace made with faceted gemstone beads (garnet, amethyst, onyx and others) -- it would make a fabulous TSV! Change the necklace around and use the faceted gemstone tassel on other necklaces or a black cord (could be the 'upsell' piece for the TSV). Here is the necklace to which I'm referring that's made with the black or white pearls. Imagine it with faceted gemstones!! Heart

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily As someone who owns a lot of jewelry (and especially a lot of Bixby jewelry) as you probably do, I would think (especially with Ms Bixby making it with her expertise) while it would be amazing, the cost would be extensive.

I think she has to keep that in mind too (probably more likely (as she's an artist) the QVC buyers have to keep the cost to the consumer within certain amounts.

Personally, I don't know if (at the age of 70) would buy it, I do know it would be just beautiful.

I also think both of you have wonderful taste in jewelry.  It wouldn't surprise me if she hasn't made it that way in her 

couture line.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 You make an excellent point about the cost of faceted gemstones and what would sell on QVC. Another issue may be sourcing so many stones to make this necklace in multiple gemstone colors and at the quantity needed for QVC. 

I do remember and have two Barbara Bixby faceted garnet gemstone necklaces that she made when she had the small keys a few years ago and I love them. That's why I thought of faceted gemstones in this necklace. Even if Barbara Bixby just made a faceted gemstone tassel I would love it. Heart

And dear lady Annabelle, I have read your posts and you have a lot of life in you now and for the ages. I love your posts and your energy! Keep enjoying your jewelry and everything each and every day. You are a gem of a lady. Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily Well now you and I have a mutual admiration society going on here!  Ha!  

Incidentally, I love your QVC name (moniker).  Every time I see it I remember Lilly Tomlin "Edith Ann".  Are you familiar with Edith Ann?  She was one of my favorite characters ever.  That's saying a lot because I have a lot of favorite characters back from the 60's, 70's and 80's.

People Magazine just did a several page article on Lilly Tomlin.  IF you are a fan of her's and you haven't read the article, I suggest you look it up.  It is a wonderful article on Ms Tomlin.

GO HERE:  http://people.com/movies/why-we-love-lily-tomlin/

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 Thanks for the article and I LOVE Lily Tomlin!! Yes, I did watch her as Edith Ann and Ernestine on Laugh In! I also liked her in the movie All of Me. I am happy you think of her when you see my moniker! Woman Very Happy I will tell you though that my moniker is named after my favorite author, Edith Wharton and my favorite novels, The Age of Innocence with Ellen Olenska and The House of Mirth with Lily Bart...thus EdithEllenLily! 

By the way, in one of those Ernestine clips I think I saw a cool black gemstone necklace that she was wearing...would love to see more gemstone necklaces from Barbara Bixby! Woman Happy

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would like to see hoop earrings that are 2 to 2 1/4" and dangling earrings that are at least 2 1/4".  All Barbara's earrings are so petite.  Mix it up Barbara!  Not all of us want little earrings.

Honored Contributor

@Pitzel I like your idea about larger earrings! I have a lot of wavy auburn hair and most earrings are invisible...Woman Wink

Frequent Contributor

@EdithEllenLily

I have a lot of wavy brunette hair.  Same problem!

Trusted Contributor

Quse - I prefer smaller-sized pendants too.  I have a suggestion that might work for you.  Sometimes I will buy a pair of large dangle-type earrings, then take them to my jeweler and have them converted into 2 pendants.  I keep one pendant for myself, and give one to my daughter.  The jeweler doesn't charge much to do this.  I did this with J322559, Barbara's arrowhead design earrings, and the pendants turned out nicely.