Valued Contributor

So where was Michael Dawkins this morning?

Where was Michael Dawkins during the presentation of his jewelry line this a.m.?  Amy made no mention of him.  All of the other designers have been there or at least had a representative.   I'm going to bed. Very disappointed. 

Honored Contributor

Re: So where was Michael Dawkins this morning?

Their line up has not been accurate.  Right now it says Susan Graver and they are presenting Philosphy?

Honored Contributor

@Snowhite714 wrote:

Where was Michael Dawkins during the presentation of his jewelry line this a.m.?  Amy made no mention of him.  All of the other designers have been there or at least had a representative.   I'm going to bed. Very disappointed. 

I have a feeling the Q is not going to carry that line any more.

Honored Contributor

I'm a great Michael Dawkins fan (or was) but something has happened to his jewelry and it isn't good.  I LOVED his slightly edgy style and bought quite a lot of his items. They aren't wearing well at all.  I have a necklace and matching bracelet set that are different looking balls hooked together by twisted links.  These links untwist or unwrap after a while requiring a jeweler to retwist these links to bring them back into a circle and tighten the necklace or bracelet.

I've owned two of his watches, I thought the first was an anomoly because after a year it started leaving my wrist black!  I have reactions to ALLOYS ONLY.  I have no reaction to stainless steel.  This watch was advertised as stainless steel.... if it was, it was some kind of wash or plating which wore off enough for my skin to react to the alloys.  I have a second watch (wearing it right now) and it's over a year old (in July) and recently noticed that when I take it off for the day, I'm getting a black circle around my wrist again.  Woman Frustrated

I understand that some of his heaviest pieces are not solid sterling silver, but rather sterling silver AND jeweler's  metal.  Some of his larger rings are unnaturally weighted (especially at one end) and this is the reason why....    

I have quite a few other pieces and have been disappointed in how they've tarnished within my silver safekeeper when other designers items have not.

I believe this may be (at least) a partial reason why his brand has been suffering.

Please don't get me wrong, I LOVE his designs and will wear everything I have until I can't anymore but will no longer invest money in his items.  It's a shame.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@baker wrote:

@Snowhite714 wrote:

I have a feeling the Q is not going to carry that line any more.

Someone said that months ago and he returned with new pieces.  He does have other businesses now (furniture in New York) so he is a busy man.  I would hate to see him leave as his work is exquisite.

kindness is strength