QVC Community

Sneak Peak-Rutilated and Tourmalated Quartz

Sorry for the late posting but a picture just came available.  This morning during the 11AM show we will have our first ever Tourmalated Quartz Ring and Cuff and our first ever Rutilated Quartz Cuff.  Let me know what you think.  J332943

J332943.png

Respected Contributor

Re: Sneak Peak-Rutilated and Tourmalated Quartz

I like it, it's different.  Nice to have something that a lot of others don't own

Deb

Honored Contributor

I first saw and bought rutilated  quartz at an International Gem and Jewelry show in Houston in the '80s.  Thought it quite remarkable at the time but rapidly got over it.   It's kind of passe now like drusy and spinel.  I never wear what I've got. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

meh

Honored Contributor

The rutile in the quartz is so subtle that no one would see it unless you stuck it under someone's nose and insisted they look at it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Peyton, I like the yellow version better...somehow the rutiles in this seem more feminine. I'd also suggest the cuff is a little much.  One bold stone simply set lets this unusual stone effect shine.

QVC Community

@SFGIANTSGIRL wrote:

I like it, it's different.  Nice to have something that a lot of others don't own

Deb

Thank you @SFGIANTSGIRL.  I was so happy when we found these.  They are unique and definitely hard to find.  Peyton

QVC Community

@Sammycat1 wrote:

Peyton, I like the yellow version better...somehow the rutiles in this seem more feminine. I'd also suggest the cuff is a little much.  One bold stone simply set lets this unusual stone effect shine.

Hi @Sammycat1, the rutile needles are really pretty and are not too overpowering.  The cuff is definitly over the top and a big statement.  Take care, Peyton

Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting, it's a lovely ring. I've always loved rutilated quartz 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Peyton, is there anything you can do to return the description on QVC jewelry items to the standrad method? Descriptions no longer follow the order they did up until a few years ago. The description is in the wrong order for the ring:

Emerald Cut Rutilated Quartz Sterling Silver Ring, 9.00 ct

It should say:

Sterling 9.00 ct Emerald Cut Rutilated Quartz Ring

Another item on Thursday's Silver Style had the wrong description

TOVA Diamonique 8.40 cttw Stud Earrings, Sterling

It should say:

TOVA Diamonique 8.40 ct tw Sterling Stud Earrings 

The correct method of nomenclature for jewelry is as follows:

Brand Name, Choice/Set of, Sterling, Necklace/Bracelet Length, Description, Earrings/Necklace/Bracelet/Ring/Watch, with Gift Box/Chain, 14K/18K (Gold), g (weight)

ct tw moves around but follows the name of the stone, if it is choice of gemstone then it goes before the word Gemstone

Sterling Silver is never used, only Sterling and unless it is from a brand or designer or in a Choice/Set of, if applicable it should be the first word you see.

14K or 18K should be the last word you see if applicable and if there is room Gold will follow and gram weight, g.