Respected Contributor

Should be called "Diamond-ique

When Diamonique was first introduced I saw Mary Beth Roe making a presentation for a solitaire ring. She said something that has stuck with me all this time. I think a caller was discussing the fact that it was man made. She said, " Ice made in our freezers is ice. It's just as good as ice that falls in a sleet storm or is found in ice bergs", (or something very close to that)! When I begin to question my desire for Diamonique instead of waiting to afford the real thing, I remember what she said! Now, I have lots of beautiful jewelry, and all of it's "real"!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Should be called "Diamond-ique

I cannot speak to the items sold within the last few years, but in time past I collected quite a few and they are so real and sparkly that I am often afraid to wear it.  I love all I have but need no more.  And with the price of gold and silver the price point has jumped much higher and I am sure if I were to search for the present version it might not use the same metals.  (correct me if I am wrong, please).  

Honored Contributor

Bonnielu, you are right.  I typed in Diamonique Bronzo for the heck of it and 7 items came up.  I'm sure there are others, but since I don't watch the shows that are not gold or silver, I don't know what they are.  Originally Diamonique came only in gold or silver with the exception of watches.  I was saddened yesterday to see Robert Lee Morris with a beautiful free form silver ring.  Upon further inspection, it was plated bronze. 

Frequent Contributor

I hate that bronze jewelry, so many cute styles but they all turn nasty after wearing and time. Also, venders need to state if there is nickel in their stainless and silver fot those that are allergic to nickel.... learned the hard way on Judith Ripka Smiley Sad