Honored Contributor

@cater wrote:

Being catholic I can't even begin to say how many trips were taken to see Medjugorjie. Our churches have made trips there it is just what you choose to believe .

But Medjugorie is fraught with controvery and is not an apparition approved by the Catholic Chuch, in fact in 1996 the secretary of Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith stated that there should be no trips organized at the parish or diocesan level. I do find the vendors story and marketing offensive frankly. Pope Francis has stated last year that they made a decision regarding the claimed apparitions but so far the decision hasn't been released.  

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

I've been thinking about this. 

I have absolutely no interest in purchasing a religious item from a TV show. 

However, I can see that this sort of merchandise would be meaningful as gifts because they would come from someone who cares and is expressing sympathy, support or some other powerful emotion. That makes sense to me.  (But please don't send me any angel wings or whatever.  I'm doing fine...lol.)

Respected Contributor

@Kathie1152, It's called "My Saint My Hero."  You can google it and purchase from them directly and they have many more choices.  They've been selling them in my area for over a year now in different retail stores.  I've found them in small gift shops.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Trusted Contributor

Found the presentation on youtube.  Just a touch over the top! Smiley Embarassed

Anything to get the sale....

Respected Contributor

@kzjohnson wrote:

Found the presentation on youtube.  Just a touch over the top! Smiley Embarassed

Anything to get the sale....

But in the end, the buyer makes the final choice.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

What offends one, is inspiration to another.

QVC sells items. Those that wish to not agree with the religious/faith aspect are free to look away. That does NOT give them the right, however, to say no one should/can watch it. To me, the item is like a rosary....I don't use one (though I grew up with them, having Holy Water in our house, a Cross over every door, etc) I would NEVER tell someone what they should or should not use as comfort/strength within their faith.

I'm more offended by those making a huge deal of being offended by the item/presentation of said item. The host and vendor obviously find comfort and believe in it's power... which is the cornerstone of having faith. Others don't. Ok then. Don't buy it, don't watch it. But, don't prevent OTHERS from doing so.

New Contributor

Thank you so much for the information. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Sermons on QVC

[ Edited ]

@Karnerblue wrote:

QVC is a business and it's about profit with every item they sell whether it be beauty items to make you look younger, makeup to make you prettier, or clothing and accessories to make you look like "money"  ... it's the name of the game. 

I do think some people are just out to get Shawn. It's Monday night and no matter what she does, it's not going to please those people and that have an agenda.

******************************************************************Karnerblue, you know that was not what was said in the other TWO threads on this subject which YOU participated in.  

Those posters had many points concerning how it was inferred that the items had actual healing power and that Shawn and the rep went way over the top in what was reasonable and acceptable in regaurd to selling it as forcefully as they could.

Their words were highly irresponsible.

Esteemed Contributor

If I'm watching a show about fashion that has the word "style" in it, I'm expecting it to be about all things fashion and fun but that particular host never seems to keep it that way when it comes to selling religious jewelry.

New Contributor

This prayer bracelet is beautiful and the presentation of it was well done!

This video presentation was well done and not offensive in the least.  I found it inspirational and uplifting.  In fact, I plan on ordering one of these bracelets.  Thanks for bringing attention to it.  Maybe others will be blessed by the symbolism of this piece as well as those ladies who are praying lovingly for others and the world!