Honored Contributor

Here we have a handsome silver bracelet set with peridot stones for  $6679., with $5. S&H.  Now one would think that anyone willing to spend over $6000. on a piece of Q jewelry might get a small break on the shipping charge.  But, no, our miserly corporate giant is going to wring that five bucks out of this shopper come hell or high water.  Of course anyone willing to buy this expensive trinket can easily afford $5., but that's not the point.  Why should he have to?  Doesn't Amazon give free shipping over $35. or something like that?  I don't know of any place that wouldn't ship a $6000.+ piece of jewelry gratis.

And that's why I'm not going to buy it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Here we have a handsome silver bracelet set with peridot stones for  $6679., with $5. S&H.  Now one would think that anyone willing to spend over $6000. on a piece of Q jewelry might get a small break on the shipping charge.  But, no, our miserly corporate giant is going to wring that five bucks out of this shopper come hell or high water.  Of course anyone willing to buy this expensive trinket can easily afford $5., but that's not the point.  Why should he have to?  Doesn't Amazon give free shipping over $35. or something like that?  I don't know of any place that wouldn't ship a $6000.+ piece of jewelry gratis.

And that's why I'm not going to buy it.

@Kachina624 How right you are!!  If I had that money to waste on that cuff, there would be no way I'd pay for shipping.  I would have called the Q and asked to give me free shipping if I ordered it.  If they said no, I would have just said no sale.  I find that insulting on an expensive overpriced piece of jewelry like that to make somebody pay for shipping it.  

Respected Contributor

QVC is now selling to the 1% who are doing so well. Who else would buy a peridot bracelet set in silver costing over $6600 without even touching it? Yes I know it can be returned but if I am spending that much money I would want to go through the process of trying on different bracelets, personally  selecting what I like best and not paying a shipping cost. I have lots of sterling jewelry but if paying that much, I would want a gold setting. The stones appeared lovely on television.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm going to buy one for each wrist...........not.......

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624,

Psh, I'm waiting for it to be a Lunchtime Special, LOL!  Um, NOT. 

Nice, juicy color on the gemstones, though...I liked the link bracelet version better.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 that's pretty funny.  My birthstone is peridot and I don't normally gravitate to it because it's yellowish-green color.  But these stones are BEAUTIFUL!!! 

Still I would not pay that much money for silver.  I'd rather have a nice ring with one stone. 

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

For $6000., you'd think the thing would have been gold.  I wonder if they've sold any?  I doubt the 1% are sitting around watching QVC.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I honestly didn't get why they aired this?  I'm sure they have their reason's, and guessing not necessarily the obvious.

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

QVC is now selling to the 1% who are doing so well. Who else would buy a peridot bracelet set in silver costing over $6600 without even touching it? Yes I know it can be returned but if I am spending that much money I would want to go through the process of trying on different bracelets, personally  selecting what I like best and not paying a shipping cost. I have lots of sterling jewelry but if paying that much, I would want a gold setting. The stones appeared lovely on television.

I totally agree.  Could not have said it better.

Contributor

I completely agree with all of you. I was watching QVC last night when they showed this bracelet. I had to look twice at the price. For a silver bracelet the cost is outrageous! I could understand maybe around $1500, but basically $6700 for a silver bracelet that doesn't even have precious stones in it is crazy. I would be shocked if they sold even one. This should have been sent to a boutique type of jewelry store in New Yok or Beverly Hills.. My husband and I got married a long time ago and our first little home didn't cost this much. And we got free shipping with it. Ha ha!