Super Contributor

Rarieties Ethopian Opal Ring

[ Edited ]

I was watching the other shopping channel and decided to order the Ethopian Opal Ring, 475-617. My size was on wait list and the next day I thougjht Im going to cancel it,. I dont need another ring. Then I got an emal that it shipped! I thought well I will just send it back when I get it. Well I got it and I love it! It is a big opal ( my birthstone) but it is not gaudy- just subtle and beautiful. It was pricey but heck, it was Mother's Day and so it is my gift to me. I also got 9 months interest free financing on my card and I didnt even know they offered such a thing. Anyway, i am loving my gift to me from me.    

Respected Contributor

Re: Rarieties Ethopian Opal Ring

I love the E Opal  ... Happy Birthday!  Enjoy.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

I love Ethiopian opals too and find them quite different from Australian opals.  Happy belated Mother's Day.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

Gorgeous! I'm a huge Rarities gal inspite of the fact that there are constant quality issues w/ the workmanship such as poorly finished prongs that snag clothes and loose stones.

Be sure all the stones are very secure! I hope you got a good one that will last and last! 

Super Contributor

You were right Perfumera De La Luz! Yesterday the ring snagged my slacks badly and when I looked at it one of the litte opals around the edge of the ring was gone and just the prongs sticking out. It is going back today. So dissapointed. 

Honored Contributor

My only experience was a pendant with rubies and black spinel, absolutely striking contrast.  Two defects, it went back immediately.  For their higher than average prices, (that pendant was over 200.00) they can tighten up on their quality control.  I won't try again. 

Valued Contributor

I am amazed at the color saturation of Ethiopian opals. I have two rings and a pair of earrings, and the one ring is surrounded by black spinel and the opal in the center is spectacular in color. I got this ring "as is" for about fifty dollars and I think I got the bargain of the year for me. Sorry about your ring from Rarities. I generally find the prices to be prohibitive.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

ZenWen~

Oh DRAG! That is not something I'm happy being right about. Well geeze so sorry about your pants. Cat Sad