Valued Contributor

RIPKA Lucas Lion and Other Pieces Where are the JR Posters?

I have been coming to this forum infrequently, I guess too infrequently since I am not "up to speed"    In prior years when JR had a TSV there were many topics that discussed it and her other jewelry.  I had seen Lucas on the JR facebook page and was curious about the price and how many people were thinking of getting this bracelet, earrings, necklace etc.  I have not found one post about any of JR items except for the TSV. 

Has all of this moved over to the JR Facebook lovers page?

I have a lot of her pieces that I purchased in the first 4/5 years she was on the Q but I have stopped purchasing due to the cost.  Just not in my budget. although I still llike to browse.

Anyone still left who purchased Judith pieces?

Honored Contributor

Re: RIPKA Lucas Lion and Other Pieces Where are the JR Posters?

I have loved JR pieces for 20 years but was never on any of the threads really talking about them as so many do, so I'm surprised to hear this.  I can tell you that her prices have gone up so much over the last half of her career on the Q that I have bought infrequently and when I have, been disappointed in the craftmanship compared to pieces I already have (cushion cut tennis bracelet that falls off the wrist with a bad clasp to the tune of over $400!)  so I'm very goosy ordering anything.... although I'm greatly tempted with the TSV ring.....   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

The Ripka Forum is under  My Favorite Brand.

@LexPex@Q4u

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Valued Contributor

Thanks, I just found you all and enjoyed the posts.  Again, this is how infrequently I come to visit.  did't see the "my favorite brand" file folder

several years ago, I was taken off the board for several weeks for posting an HSN coupon which in all honesty I didn't realize was a no-no.  After many emails they let me come back on with the same but guess it soured me.  I have been around for many years

Respected Contributor

I clicked on QVC plus today and she was selling $600+ earrings - 14 carat gold CLAD! 

Esteemed Contributor

@LexPex, I put those lion pieces on my wish list!  Gorgeous!

Honored Contributor

Several years ago before they redid the boards I remember how active the JR forum was.  I enjoyed seeing all of the posts of everyone's excitement for that current TSV and I admit to buying many items myself.  It was fun also to read about the group who went to have lunch a few times with Judith.  

Now while I do wear a ring and switch between a few watches that I wear everyday I rarely wear my Ripka.  I work from home and don't go out as much as before.  Plus her pieces have gotten way too expensive for me.  I think a lot feel the same way though I'm sure she still has a core of die hard fans.

Respected Contributor

This is not intended to offend anyone. I thought I had read that Ms. Ripka had sold her company and that is why the jewelry is being sold in Costco and other popular outlets. It might also account for lowered quality. So is she primarily a spokesperson now?

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I clicked on QVC plus today and she was selling $600+ earrings - 14 carat gold CLAD! 

@hoosieroriginal

Not to change the subject, but where is this?  I don't see anything on the QVC home page ....  thanks.

Honored Contributor

@chessylady wrote:

This is not intended to offend anyone. I thought I had read that Ms. Ripka had sold her company and that is why the jewelry is being sold in Costco and other popular outlets. It might also account for lowered quality. So is she primarily a spokesperson now?

I don't know for sure.... but as far back as a couple of years ago, I purchased some JR in Sam's Club.... which surprised me.

Whether it's due to JR herself or new owners, shopping around for new (cheaper) manufacturers (overseas) are usually responsible for changes in quality.  Woman Frustrated

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*