Occasional Contributor

QVC owes me $500 for selling me fake gold...

Well, I have read and read about it and didn't want to believe it, but now it has happened to me.

I took my Eternagold Loveknot Necklace to sell today (QVC sold this one a long time ago. Oh I don't know, 5, 6 or 7 years ago ???). I must say it is a beauty and I remember paying around $500. Could have been a little lower or higher - not sure. Anyway, I took it to one place and they showed me it didn't pass the magnet test and they would not buy it. NO WAY would 10k or 14k or 18k attract a magnet. He told me that only the clasp was real gold. My heart sunk.

Went to another place. Very busy, very popular, very reputable central jeweler in my area. Same thing. Only the clasp was real 14k gold. I told him "I cannot believe this. It has to be real 14k because I bought it from QVC; QVC would never do that - could never do that!" He enlightened me.

He said that "people come in here all the time trying to sell diamond rings and pendants bought from QVC and they do not test as real diamonds; they test as fake CZs". He won't buy anything from QVC and said that he does not "trust that conglomerate".

So...I called QVC and told them my story of woe. They told me to call Eternagold. I called Eterngold and was told "I assure you it is 14k gold. We would not stake our reputation with QVC if it wasn't real." Ok, I said, "then what am I suppose to do? Nobody wants to buy it and I don't want it anywhere near me if it is fake. And twice I was told that it is probably gold plated." I said "why the heck is it attracting a magnet then". "I don't know, she said. You are not the first one to call us and tell us this". She told me to take it up with QVC! I called QVC and asked to speak with a manager. I was told one is not available and would call me back in an hour. No call a day later.... Not expecting a call either.

What to do? What to do? $500 bucks is quite a bit of money.