Contributor

Re: QVC going out of the jewelry business?

Check out jewelry television (on air) or jtv.com. Reasonable prices, good quality.

Super Contributor

They do a big gold show with lots of great prices ON CHRISTMAS EVE DAY? Why? I don't understand it. I always remember Christmas Eve day running around with last min. details, cooking and cleaning and wrapping up the last of the presents while QVC is on in the background I am drooling over the gorgeous jewelry they decide to sell then. Where has the jewelry been all season? I'd like to have been able to enjoy some jewelry presentations during the weeks prior - they would have made money on me because I could chuck it all up to Christmas expenses and not feel guilty. Sometimes a girl needs a little something to get through it all without weeks of toys and Kuerigs and tablets and flashlights. Instead they have the gold show on the last day of the season after I have gone broke and spent my money on junk and not from QVC.

Respected Contributor

On 10/20/2014 DebiM said:

Check out jewelry television (on air) or jtv.com. Reasonable prices, good quality.

Yes. Good quality. Their Moissaanite Fire is beautiful. I have two pieces that look just like diamonds.
Honored Contributor

Eternagold man said he would be back on 12-16 think he said.

Super Contributor

QVC used to have tons of jewelry shows in the weeks before Christmas, at all price points. I miss those days~

Respected Contributor

Here is my 2 cents. The jewelry buying generation is either has too much already or dying off.and honestly concern about cost of living on fixed income. Younger generation is concern more about bags, electronics, clothing and also raising kids is not cheap these days. Every kid today needs ipad, phone, sports,etc. so they think twice before buying extra ring. If you remember, most expensive jewelry were bought and sold when gold was under $ 300 per ounce and market was nice and fat. Now we live in very unstable world so people do not think too much (except booming China and India) about gold and gemstones at any cost. Too bad, it is very depressing if you think about it....
Frequent Contributor

Yes this time of the year all they sell is computers, flashlights, and ear muffs. Yawn..............
Super Contributor

I hope not .I do not wish to look at pot's and pans,or hemlines, or dull storage units.

The Q has lost so much eye catching jewelry. Who knows

Trusted Contributor

On 10/20/2014 gardensla said:

I remember we had this same conversation last year about the same time, so you're right on the money!

QVC only focuses on gift, gifts, gifts during the holidays and I guess they figure we only buy jewelry as a treat for ourselves. It does seem strange as I know I would ask for a lovely pair of well priced gold hoops, a strand of fine pearls, or even a once-in-a-lifetime piece of 18K gold before requesting a Keurig, a box of overpriced stale cookies, or a Dyson, but I guess there aren't enough of us to support this!

You mean you don't want a new Rowenta for a gift?-Smiley Happy My husband knows better than to pass off a vacuum as a gift even if it's a Dyson. The Q used to have some nice jewelry shows like the Suspicion marcasite (I think that's what it was called) where I could pick up a pair of earrings for friends or what not. There were some nice things for not big money.

Honored Contributor

not much time to show jewelry when they have so many flashlights to sell!