Honored Contributor

Paraiba Topaz, Evine is eating QVC's lunch

QVC used to be known for these gemstone intro productions.  I remember the Tanzanite introduction, even the lowly Ginger Quartz and the Madeira Citrine.  I watched Michael last nite, I'm watching him today.  Virtually everything has sold out, first to go was my size in the triple stone ring.  I have 6 oval blue topaz's, so I tried for something different.  I'll patiently wait months and months for them to bring the triple back. QVC seems content to offer the big three at top prices, the recent TSV failure at $499.00, and the five run of the mill stones in silver.  We expect to see more from you, QVC.  For someone that used to do 35% of your volume in jewelry, you have lost your way.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Paraiba Topaz, Evine is eating QVC's lunch

I have been watching the Q for last 21 years, Evine for last 15. Once I got a look at Evine's jewelry selection, they totally blew the Q out of the water, no comparison. Q always had a nice selection of gold, but to me their gems were totally lacking in all directions, selection, settings, quality. Evine had gorgeous gold pieces for less money and much more impressive,  not to mention their gems which took my breath away. .

Respected Contributor

i am enjoying the jewelry and Michael, Paul and Chuck.  Lynne S, not so much!

Respected Contributor

Those gems are huge and flamboyant.  If that's your taste great.  Bigger is not always better (or nicer).  I also do not like their gold overplating. 

Honored Contributor

Value Vision 15 years ago or so had the most gorgous gold and gem jewelry. I bought tons of it. Nothing compares to that time. 

Respected Contributor

And rightfully so!!!!!  Value Vision/ Shop NBC/ Evine were always higher and above any jewelry TV station.

Q had nice stuff years ago, but no more.

Honored Contributor

Evine's timing of this jewelry event is impeccable.   You have a choice of beautiful jewelry or Dysons and tired, Chinese-made Christmas decor.

I don't know how Michael keeps going with such energy.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Super Bargain price ladies.  139 dollars for cluster rings from Michael in your choice of chrome diopside, orange sapphire, rhodolite, tanzanite and aquamarine.  airs during the 7:00 show and the bargain price is in effect now. I ordered the rhodolite. 

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

Those gems are huge and flamboyant.  If that's your taste great.  Bigger is not always better (or nicer).  I also do not like their gold overplating. 

I have Michael V. stud earrings in turquoise that are delicate and lovely.

I don't like huge rings either - he has a wide selection, IMO.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Value Vision 15 years ago or so had the most gorgous gold and gem jewelry. I bought tons of it. Nothing compares to that time. 

YES,...I could kick myself for not buying Renato watches, an outrageously beautiful large green tsavorite (from Russia forget the name but not that ring after years) and diamond eternity band from Sonia Bitton, and that stunning Persian turquoise set in real gold that I could not afford to buy at today's prices even if it was offered.  I remember pieces that I thought then cost a lot...I just wish I had the opportunity to purchase at those prices today.  I have not seen such exquisite jewelry from them for years even though I respect Michael's expertise and eye for design (love to look but most likely too large for me to realistically wear).   Sort of like the heyday of QVC when they had verragio, taccori, etc. (wish I had purchased more of that also).