Honored Contributor

PRIMETIME Sale on Jai Watch right now!

I've wanted this watch for awhile and it's now down to $67 with EZ pay (6) and free S & H....so I ordered the black.  I still don't know if the watchband can be replaced and there have been some that have arrived tarnished.... but I have a jeweler's cloth and I'll handle the band issue if/when it comes up.... thought I'd let the Jai lovers know.... Woman LOL

http://www.qvc.com/JAI-Stainless-Steel-Croco-Texture-Leather-%26-Sukhothai-Watch.product.J329261.htm...

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Re: PRIMETIME Sale on Jai Watch right now!

There is absolutely no info on the works of the watch or crystal.    Strap doesn't look replaceable.   It would be a big no for me.   Probably a cheap Chinese watch dropped into a Jai case. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

There is absolutely no info on the works of the watch or crystal.    Strap doesn't look replaceable.   It would be a big no for me.   Probably a cheap Chinese watch dropped into a Jai case. 

Wahhhh.... I know, I know.... against my better judgment.... 

#alwayshopefulwhenIknowbetter  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

@Q4u Good for you. Think you spotted a bargain! I've paid more for fashion watches at TJ Maxx.  HINT: if it stops working, keep wearing because it looks good and look at your phone if you need the time. If anyone admires your watch & asks what time it is, look down at it and say "******, guess it needs a new battery". 

Honored Contributor

@Q4u - It looks like in one of the photos that it says on the back "Japan Movement", so it should be decent quality.  It's got a 3-year warranty and is a pretty watch, so I'd say enjoy it!

Honored Contributor

It really is a very handsome, tailored style though.

New Contributor

I have watched the on air presentation/video that's online and they state that it's also sterling silver. But do not make it clear what part of the watch is. And if it isn't why on earth would a fashion watch retail for $172? I ordered this during the lunchtime special but of there is no sterling silver to it I'm cancelling my order. I have called and asked a rep but they are just reading what I'm reading and in the description it only says stainless steel. So did they make a mistake on air? Thanks for any help
New Contributor

I really want to know if there is truly any sterling silver in it at all. Reading the reviews many people who purchased it thought so too. Because if not I can pay a little more and get a solid sterling silver watch off qvc. I've seen a few on clearance lately.
New Contributor

Respected Contributor

It's a cute little watch. It's stainless steel. 

Actually, it's better for watches to have stainless steel rather than silver.  

Someone had asked why they would sell a "fashion watch" for $177? They do it all the time.  Water resistance is important, too. Not for diving, but you need protection against rain and perspiration. Otherwise, the movement would be ruined and what woudl be the point?