Occasional Contributor

PLEASE I am desperate for anyone's help!!!!

My daughter's house was robbed and among the items taken was an Ecclissi sterling silver sleeping beauty turquoise watch, item #J294514 in the yellow tone size large.  The numbers may be different on the different sized watches.  Unfortunately, she did not have a serial number engraved on it, but she has another Ecclissi watch that was not taken and on the back of the watch there are 2 sets of numbers.  I don't know if the numbers are the model number or may be a serial number, but if I could get the numbers from the sleeping beauty watch it may be helpful in recovering her watch.

If anyone has this watch I would be very grateful if you could furnish these numbers.  I bought her watch in Nov 2014.  I would appreciate it if several people could let me know the numbers on their watches so I can tell if all the watches have the same numbers.  We live in NV and the detective on the case said the pawn shops cross reference stolen merchandise to the  department using numbers.  They also took a Judith Ripka stainless steel Regent silver tone watch item #J278482 size large.  I don't know if there are any numbers on that watch, but if anyone has it I would be grateful for those numbers.

She had over $3000.00 worth of jewelry stolen and the insurance company will only pay $1000.00.  If y'all have nice jewelry get it engraved and make sure you understand the insurance policy.  She is so upset over this and I would hate for any one else to go through it.  But it could have been worse, I was asleep in my bedroom when they broke in and didn't even hear anything. It was just creepy because they opened my bedroom door while I lay there sleeping.

Thanking in advance for any help.  If they can locate the watch they may be able to recover the other items.  If some of this post is unclear let me know.  It's 04:00 am nd since this happened I haven't been  able to sleep at night.  Once again, THANK YOU!!

Honored Contributor

Re: PLEASE I am desperate for anyone's help!!!!

This is where taking out extra expense of sorting out jewelry pieces that you want to have appraised and separately insured on your home owner's policy.  I do recommend this for very special pieces.

As for your daughter's watch, sorry the break in happened but very lucky for her and you that nothing happened to her in this robbery. 

Respected Contributor

I'm sorry you and your daughter had to go thru such a horrible experience.  Thankfully you are both ok.  Jewelry and other items can be replaced or not,  you can live without them.   I know it's terribly distressing and frightening,  but you will get thru it.

I don't own either of the watches you asked about.  Sorry I can't help with any info.

Trusted Contributor

I  am so sorry to hear of your daughters loss... must be horrible.  I sold pretty much all of my valuble jewelry last year and feel a great worry burden lifted off my shoulders... I always worried about getting robbed.  Now I do not worry about it anymore.....Most of it I rarely wore anyway.

In the future I would suggest your daughter and anyone with valubles put them  in a safety deposit in the bank and only take out what you want to wear at a time. Insurance is expensive and never really helpful... the loss is what is so deeply hurting.  It is rare if you ever get anything back.

Occasional Contributor

You are so right about everything.  The older I get the less I care about "things".  Thanks for the reply.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  I think something like this just makes you feel violated.  I hate it for her, but like I said, I've long ago haven't felt the need for things.  Friends and family and my faith is what's important to me.

Occasional Contributor

You're so right.  Thanks for responding and reminding us our safety was the most important thing.

Respected Contributor

OP

So sorry to hear that this has happened. At least no one was harmed. The loss of items is painful as is the realization that one's home has been broken into. At least no one was harmed. People often post about the theft of their Judith Ripka jewelry (or whatever Q line) and they don't realize what would have happened if they had been at home. A very serious thing.

I have been  through some rough stuff and it was at that time that I found out that my jewelry was only one-quarter worth what I thought. Unless you put riders on certain pieces, the most one could get for jewelry is $2500 under some policies. This information was provided to me by a jeweler. I guess you figure out what's worth the rider and what is not. There are women who have parked their more expensive pieces in safety deposit boxes and vaults and only wear the "junk" fashion pieces that serious jewelry snobs. despise.

In the end losses of possessions and jewelry often remind us of what is really important in the long run. If they're not worth that much, then I guess it's not worth the worry. It's not to say that one shouldn't have insurance, one should. But in the end, stuff is just stuff.

Honored Contributor

I would think the detectives would contact you if ANY Ecclissi watches in your color turn up. How many can be stolen at one time? They must mean the numbers on the watches, no matter what they refer to. They won't go to the trouble of looking up QVC's J numbers. Same with the Ripka, how many can be turned in to the pawn shops at one time? I used to see a ton of gold jewelry at the pawn shops in Florida. Not anymore. They now require a bunch of info to pawn anything and it has reduced the amount of stolen merchandise that is pawned.
Honored Contributor

Oh, I forgot the purpose of my post. Here are the numbers on my yellow gold color sterling Ecclissi turquoise face size medium I bought last winter. 33821 and SR626SW.