Trusted Contributor

New Michael Dawkins Necklace - Nice! J-268456

I bought this necklace on a whim. I was hesitant because in the past some of MD's items haven't been up to par from his earlier items years ago.

I took the chance because it was selling out and I liked how it looked on the model.

I was pleasantly surprised. It's got a nice weight, but not too substantial. The turquoise beads are a bit small, but mine are a nice robin's egg blue color. The faceted crystal quartz beads sparkle beautifully.

I own a lot of turquoise, but they are big pieces with a lot of presence. I like this necklace because I can layer it with less substantial turquoise and it's a more delicate look, not so Southwestern. I prefer it on it's own without an enhancer attached. It just doesn't look right that way.

I find with the mix of gemstone beads, it looks neat with turquoise, moonstone, chalcedony and blue topaz pieces.

I usually like 30-36" for layering, but this is an interesting length and sits beautifully.

I think if you like Michael Dawkins' jewelry and enjoy the designer look, you'll like this piece. It is definitely unique and has that designer/expensive look to it without being gaudy.