Regular Contributor

Re: Never Seen Judith Ripka's Eyes.

Maybe she's like me and she can't see that far.
Respected Contributor

This response is directly related to the way the OP was responded to and not to the topic or JR at all. It's getting so you can't post a simple statement without being told to "get a life" or some other condescending response. You don't have to agree, but the comeback remarks are far more worse than the OP's statement. An "idiotic slur" was totally uncalled for. {#emotions_dlg.huh}

Regular Contributor

I can be shy and I certainly don't like cameras directed at me, perhaps she is like me and tho she has to be on TV, maybe the cameras make her uncomfortable....Stardust2, there are other reasons for this than what you insinuated.....

Respected Contributor

On 2/5/2014 judyakm said:

I can be shy and I certainly don't like cameras directed at me, perhaps she is like me and tho she has to be on TV, maybe the cameras make her uncomfortable....Stardust2, there are other reasons for this than what you insinuated.....

I agree with you -- that could very well be a reason.

I don't know that the OP is insinuating anything, but hey, if she does not want to purchase JR's items for that reason, then that would be her choice.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/5/2014 geegerbee said:

Sorry, but I agree with the OP. Everytime I tune in, which isn't often because of her outrageous prices for silver and diamonique, she is looking down at the desk.

I agree, too. I rarely watch Ripka, but I watched several shows recently and thought that she doesn't come across well. She does look down a lot. Several times, she didn't want to do a task with the jewelry (like taking off the stand or whatever) and said to the host "you do it". It's odd to watch a professional person do that. I almost feel uncomfortable watching her. Perhaps she is shy on camera.

Sparklestar is right. The responses are often far worse than the the original poster. They like to demonize casual remarks made by OP's.

Trusted Contributor

I do see her look down occasionally when she's adjusting or changing a piece of jewelry. But I must say you really can't see much of her eyes anymore since she had all that face work done. Don't know why because she was always very pretty. She does look great though with her weight loss.
Esteemed Contributor

I agree with the OP. I don,t watch when she is on,but turned the Q on the day she was on and stopped to look at the piece being presented. I noticed she was looking down and looked ill. I had seen her do this before at another time. My thought was she acts so snotty like everyone is beneath her. Just my opinion, and I was going to post it, but thought no you are not allowed to give opinions or comments on here, so I am supporting the OP. I agree, I saw what she saw.

Valued Contributor

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Trusted Contributor

On 2/6/2014 qvcaddition said:

I agree with the OP. I don,t watch when she is on,but turned the Q on the day she was on and stopped to look at the piece being presented. I noticed she was looking down and looked ill. I had seen her do this before at another time. My thought was she acts so snotty like everyone is beneath her. Just my opinion, and I was going to post it, but thought no you are not allowed to give opinions or comments on here, so I am supporting the OP. I agree, I saw what she saw.

You can comment all you want but if its negative the ripkanistas will pull you apart. So get ready!!! LOL I do have some of her pieces which I love but I'm not fanatical. As far as her demeanor or attitude is concerned,I have no comment. I buy things that I love and not because its from a certain vendor.
Frequent Contributor

She is always looking into the camera or the host when he/she is speaking, but I don't see her looking down much at all. She is very polite and friendly with the customers who call in as well. She is very wealthy now, but it always was not the case. She built her business into what it is today. She does not put on "airs" that she is better than anyone else.