Highlighted
Respected Contributor

My Poor Thomas Museum Series Jewelry Box and Jewelry

My Thomas jewelry box with 4 drawers and a lifting top was purchased maybe 12 years ago from the Q. I love this jewelry box that was perfect for 2 gold drawers and 2 silver drawers. All of my miscellaneous and large pieces were kept under the lid.

Now fast forward to our move almost 4 weeks ago. I don't know what those movers did with our household goods, but in the end, 8 pieces of furniture were ruined and 7 more damaged. Additionally, I just found the box with my Thomas jewelry box in it and opened it up, because I've been without earrings for a month. Well, I opened up the top drawer and found nothing. Then figured I should open the drawer to its max. Boy oh boy! It's as though that jewelry box, which was packed in a medium moving box, was tumbled up and down and then swirled about, because all of my jewelry is jammed into the back of each drawer, with some pieces broken. I just tried to find my diamond earrings and couldn't find them (they were a gift). I know, stupid. I should have packed all of my precious stones and placed them in my purse.

Lesson learned: When you pay for cheap movers to move you from one state to another, you get what you pay for. (Can't say I did this, DH did.)

Let's Stay in Touch

* *You're signing up to receive QVC promotional email.
Connect with Us

The scoop on everything Q, from helpful tips to interesting tidbits, questions, answers, and more.

QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites, nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.

© 1995–2015 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademark Notice

Desktop View Mobile View