Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone.  Well I finally took the plunge.  I have been wanting Moissanite for a long time.  I ordered a band from JTV.  I will post my review when it arrives.  I don't think I have seen one in person but I do remember seeing one on TV years ago and thought how pretty they are.  The ring I purchased today has good reviews and it was under $150.00 so we shall see.  Have a nice Sunday everyone.

Honored Contributor

I have a friend (well an acquaintance) I know who collects moissanite.  She swears by it's beauty.  I guess a lot of people do.  It always seems expensive to me.  I have to wonder why your's was so inexpensive? 

I'll be curious to hear what you think of it; as my friend has told me her's costs hundreds of dollars for the smallest stones.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66Lots of times with anything lab-created, it's the setting that adds to the price.  I've seen Moissanite for thousands of dollars, but that was when gold was 50% more costly than now and ther setting were large and heavy.  The prices told me to wear the rings I already owned!  Smaller diamond presence, but pretty enough on my hand.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I have a friend (well an acquaintance) I know who collects moissanite.  She swears by it's beauty.  I guess a lot of people do.  It always seems expensive to me.  I have to wonder why your's was so inexpensive? 

I'll be curious to hear what you think of it; as my friend has told me her's costs hundreds of dollars for the smallest stones.

Hello Annabelle, it can be more expensive.  However, JTV has all price ranges.  For instance mine is silver not gold and the stones are small.  For me this is a try me piece.  If you go to JTV you will see more expensive ones that are in gold.  I am happy that they have a range of prices for people like me who would like to own a piece but not ready to invest a lot to try it.  I bet your friends collection is beautiful.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

there are different levels of quality of moissanite...and the "stones" price are based on the level and the size.  Yes, it is pricey considering it is not a natural stone.  However, if you are interested in building a beautiful engagement ring and don't wish/can't spend the money on an ering and/or if you are committed to buying a nonblood money stone, it can be a wonderful alternative.  A platinum band with a premium 2ct stone can cost about 2K...compared to a colorless xxx diamond at about 30K.  Just depends on you values and priorities.

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I believe the patten has expired.  We've been waiting for that, so that other companies can produce Moissanite.  Competition is good.

Honored Contributor

I have some from before the patent expired (NOT purchased from JTV, however) and they are lovely stones.  I bought two 5mm stones that I set in 14k gold stud findings.   I can put them next to my diamonds and you'd never know the different.   

The difference between Moissanite and CZ is just monumental.   Moissanite looks like diamonds and CZs look like glass.

I was in a jewelry store one time with my Moissanite studs on and a little solitaire 1ct necklace, as they went together really well.  I got compliments on my diamond earrings from the employees when they cleaned my jewelry for me.  Smiley Happy kachaw!  hehe

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it links to another retailer.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919  Just make sure the stones don't have a yellowish tinge.   Send it back if they do.   A nice Moissanite piece of jewelry is a treasure to admire and enjoy.   I have a good size ring in a heavy WG setting I got when the Shop at Home channel went out of business.   I've had people walk across a large room and ask to see it as it's so sparkly.   I've really enjoyed owning it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I have several moissanite pieces and they are fantastic! I honestly prefer them over diamonds. I think moissanite is the best you can buy!