Magnifying pendant (lornyetes)

I collected Joan's eggs and actually ended up with 2 necklaces and I also collected her bee pins which fill up 2 draws in my jewelry box.  But I never got any of her necklace magnifying glasses (lornyettes) & I was wondering if you can bring some of her necklaces back into production.  I actually meet Joan in Las Vegas many years ago and she picked me out of the crowd to talk to and I was thrilled.  I am now 68 and a cancer survivor andI would really like to be able to use it when the print is so small that I can't read it.  Thank you so much for considering my request.

Blessed be, Lashes1947

Valued Contributor

Re: Magnifying pendant (lornyetes)

Lorgnettes... just so David knows what you mean   Cat Happy

Respected Contributor

I remember those & always meant to get one but never got around to it.  They're probably available on ebay, for more than I would want to pay.

Respected Contributor

There's around a dozen on ebay right now. I have this one and love it! Check there.

JOAN RIVERS SILVER TONE PAVE CRYSTAL ART DECO LORGNETTE NECKLACE W POUCH #1093K

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have a real Lorgnette on a chain in 14K.  Mine folds out to a pair of pince nez glasses.

Valued Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

I have a real Lorgnette on a chain in 14K.  Mine folds out to a pair of pince nez glasses.

Oh my goodness, @esmeraldagooch...I'm sure it's a stunning piece of artwork.  The fact that "pince nez" glasses were used for a few centuries fascinated me when reading historical books (and viewing photos) as a child!  Thanks for sharing!

Respected Contributor

@Dallas-Dame wrote:

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

Oh my goodness, @esmeraldagooch...I'm sure it's a stunning piece of artwork.  The fact that "pince nez" glasses were used for a few centuries fascinated me when reading historical books (and viewing photos) as a child!  Thanks for sharing!

I collect antique eye glasse and opera glasses.  I will show you some of them....  Taking  pix

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

specks (2).JPGThis just a few of my collection.  The oldest is the bottom right hand corner. 1700"s

The dark sunglasses on the left are frosted except the center which is clear.  These are civil war sharpshooter glasses.  Helpes zoom in on a targeted area.  Can you imagine a man on a horse wearing these?specks.JPG

Valued Contributor

Fascinating collection, @esmeraldagooch...thank you so much for sharing!

Respected Contributor

Fabulous, esmeraldagooch, just fabulous!!! Thanks for sharing that with us.

I have a couple of the lorgnettes from Joan Rivers. That was back in the good ole QVC shopping days. I truly miss them.