Contributor

Lost JAI earring ------ So mad at myself

I fell in love with the Taj Jai pieces during Scott's last visit.  I ordered the dangle earrings and loved them.  I even wrote a review becaue I was so thrilled with them.  I have not even paid for them yet, and I just lost one.  I am so upset with myself.  I put them on before leaving the house and then drove my daughter's car to the garage to be worked on.  My husband picked me up and we headed out to do errands.  I noticed it missing while I was in his car right after leaving the garage.  I hoped that I had just put one on being in a hurry and that I would find it in my house.  I have searched and searched, but it is not in my house or in my yard or either car.  I went back and checked the ground where I had parked at the garage and asked inside if anyone had turned it in.  It has just vanished. 

I am sick about wasting the money.  I love them so much and want another pair, but I am so mad at myself, and can't justify buying another pair right now.  I know that this is a first world problem, but I feel a bit sad.  Have any of you ever lost something that you love right after buying it?  Did you buy a second item?  Thanks!

Super Contributor

Re: Lost JAI earring ------ So mad at myself

I am always losing my nicest and favorite pieces of jewelry - I guess it's cause I wear them the most.   Right now I am searching for my beautiful  Or Paz opal ring - hopefully just misplaced cause I haven't had a chance to wear it.   I know how frustrating it is for you. I do hope you find your beautiful JAI earring. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, it was the perfect hoop earring that I wore every day..  It was a Tacori small hoop with DMQ and millgraining around the edge.  I wore the earrings to a doctor's appt. and while having an xray had to remove them.  I put them on afterwards and got dressed.  When I got home one was missing.  I assume while dressing the earring came off so I called the hospital and they said it had not been turned in.  Who would want one small DMQ earring, although one would never know they were not diamonds by looking at them. I was heartbroken as it was my signature piece.  They were perfect...went with everything, distinctive yet subtle.  Of course, QVC no longer sold Tacori (such a loss).  I searched EBAY but no luck.  So sorry for your loss. 

Honored Contributor

Because I most often lose shepherd hook earrings, I have a self-imposed rule that I won't wear them until I've converted them to leverbacks which I've never lost.  I can change out a pair in less than 30 seconds.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I solved the problem of losing any earring that does not have a back by purchasing backs at the local craft store.  They are lightweight and transparent.  Their cost is pennies and the money saved by not losing favorite earrings is great.

Trusted Contributor

Kachina, how do you convert your shepherd's hook earrings to leverbacks?  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

So sorry you lost you earring. That is enough to make you feel sick. I lost a gold hoop earring & left the house & back tracked. I found it laying on the floor in K-Mart. I was so lucky. I doubt I could have bought another one of those Eterna Gold Earrings. I also lost my Seiko watch in the grocery store but someone turned it in & I got it back. I still works & I still have it today. DH bought it for me when we got married.

Valued Contributor

I hear your pain. I lost a tricolor hoop (with a snap and bar closure) last summer while on vacation.  I've been looking for a similar earring every since.

Trusted Contributor

pugsmom, I feel so bad for you! we've all been there though, right? I know you already looked everywhere, but look and call again. it can miraculously turn up. look also in places you think it couldn't have fallen. I so hope you find it.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I lost my favorite EG square hoop earring. I was at my brothers, they were having a BBQ. Luckily my SIL found it on the street, perfect with no dents. Yeah eterna gold