Honored Contributor

Re: Lisa R has new earrings for those interested.

@winamac1 wrote:

@sparklestar wrote:

Oh my gosh--they look VERY heavy!!!   

I'm not interested in them.  

@winamac1  They're electroform so they'd be very lightweight.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I had earrings and a ring in 1980 that looked like those. They were called "shrimp" earrings and rings.  It really is a very dated look. Earrings  that size and fit don't usually flatter. It looks like something worn by Abby Fairgaite , Cunningham,Eweing,Sunmer from In it's Landing,lol.  

Honored Contributor

They may not be heavy, but they are bulky-large. I don't think they look flattering or attractive on Lisa. Also have never liked the color of 18K gold as plating/layers, as IMO it never looks quite the same as genuine solid 18K and tends to have a costume jewelry look. They are at least more appropriately priced, if not a bargain.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@birkin baby wrote:

I had earrings and a ring in 1980 that looked like those. They were called "shrimp" earrings and rings.  It really is a very dated look. Earrings  that size and fit don't usually flatter. It looks like something worn by Abby Fairgaite , Cunningham,Eweing,Sunmer from In it's Landing,lol.  

I saw the earrings this morning and thought they were nice.

I too have some shrimp pieces from the 80's.  My dear sweet grandmother bought me a shrimp ring for Christmas in 1985 and I wear it every day on my middle finger left hand.  Just where I put it after I opened the box.  Slip it off on the few days a year I wear silver but I love gold and love the shrimp ring from Mam-Ma.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Valued Contributor

I like them and think they look great on Lisa.  If I wasn't so close to retirement and on a "if you don't need it don't buy it" regimen, I would buy them.  

Respected Contributor

They don't look like the shrimp design to me.  It looks more like when people take fabric and wrap it around a pillow in "pleats".  It is not a look I care for, they are just big and clunky looking.

Valued Contributor

Lisa will wear these and tell you they are simply AMAZING until the next piece is sold. Then these earrings will go away never to be seen by her wearing them again. She'll then wear her next jewelry item she wants you to buy from her and tell you just how great that is. Pose & take daily selfies until that item is sold. And round and round we go. Keep LR's pockets lined so she can buy what she TRULY LOVES and that's all high end merchandise. 

Women on her FB page are so gullible. Lisa is a queen of manipulation. 

These newest earrings look nothing to write home about anyway. So outdated in style and clunky looking for everyday wear. Waste of $$$ especially for PLATED jewelry that she wants you to believe is better than real. 

When Lisa was on QVC how often did she preach she loves only the real thing. My how times have changed! 

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

@sparklestar - thx for the update! Love these earrings!!! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

The first thing I thought was "Yup, Lisa always said she loved 80 earrings!".....

I actually like the wrap-shrimp-like design but don't like how thick they are, I'd love them a bit more refined but there's no way I can wear bronze no matter what they cover it with or how it's covered.... Woman Sad

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Super Contributor

From a distance they look like bottle caps.  Up close you can see the design chopped off on the inside.  Not a good look either way.