Frequent Contributor

I dont have a lot but  what I do have are my most loved of the Q jewelry designer lines that I have invested in over the years.

The collections of Jai John Hardy that I am most interested in are the Bodhi and the Sukothai and I find that these two mix beautifully. 

My favorite of what I own are the Bodhi tree enhancer, ring and earrings. And my sukothai leather bracelet blends beautifully with these pieces.

I am loving the new TRIBE pieces. 

What do you all think?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lets talk Jai John Hardy

Only piece I ever like of his was his original croco ring.  the very first one he aired.  I get so many compliments when I wear it.  Nice hunk of silver too.  

Honored Contributor

I don't have any JAI pieces.  I do think the tribe collection is nice though.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I'm a big time fan
Valued Contributor

I'm a fan, too.  But the last ring I ordered was just awful.  It was the croco band with the white sapphires.  Thin silver, not enough oxidation - you could hardly see the croco pattern - and some of the sapphires were dark and appeared black at some angles.  I couldn't send it back fast enough.  I have the croco bangle and love it, as well as a couple of the Sukhothai cuff bracelets, and three of the rings.  All of those are good quality, although I do think most of the pieces are overpriced.  

Respected Contributor

Cinebee, if you are referring to the croco hinged bangle, it fits really well. I also enjoy the elephant bangles....the rings are fun, but I am a 5 1/2 so I almost always have a less than good fit....

Valued Contributor

@Justice4all wrote:
Cinebee, if you are referring to the croco hinged bangle, it fits really well. I also enjoy the elephant bangles....the rings are fun, but I am a 5 1/2 so I almost always have a less than good fit....

Yes, that's the one.  It is a very substantial piece and the clasp has worked well so far.  

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Cinebee, I liked that ring when presented but thought that it would go with the bracelets much better had marcasite been used instead of white topaz.

I absolutely love JAI designs and am excited for the shows.  I really like that tribal necklace and hope for a special price.  I don't know what  the TSV for tomorrow will be but hope that it sells out fast so that we will have some OTOs. 

I hoped that a couple of the older pieces would be one of the new clearance prices for today.  Some new items are always added on Monday, but I didn't see any JAI pieces.  I was wishing that the cuff with the gold triangles would have a clearance price this morning.  Most of the items from that collection are either discontinued or are on clearance.  That is my favorite collection so far, but that cuff is so expensive.  I also have my eye on the matching earrings or earring charms.  I will buy them when they are clearanced priced. 

Valued Contributor

Yes, but the problem with marcasite in rings is that it's not very durable.  If you get it wet the stones can loosen and fall out.  That is the reason I never purchased the larger croc ring with the marcasite collar, even though I love it!

Honored Contributor

This looks beautiful... just caught it this morning on TV

JAI John Hardy Sterling & Leather Layered Bold Hill Tribe Necklace

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~