Honored Contributor

I just reread this post. If this incident just happened, it sounds like they sent the band back because it didn't need repair and they might still be working on the solitaire. I used the guarantee once and it did take several weeks. Missing stone, that obviously is a setting problem and they covered it. These stones NEVER turn cloudy, by the way.

Respected Contributor

In a million years I would not think to send a ring that I bought YEARS ago to QVC for repair

If I damaged the prone of a ring during use I would take it to my jeweler for repair. Problem solved.

It is NOT a defective it is called wear and tear. All jeweler that is well wore requires routine maintenance. Take ownership for your problem.

Honored Contributor
On 10/24/2014 depglass said:

After the first time they fixed it, and it happened again, I would have taken it to a jeweler. I would not have included the wedding band. My theory is one item per package, and that includes returns going back to them for any reason. But you obviously don't know these little tricks, so you have my sympathy.

Agree with you on the one item per box thing. I'm increasingly reading of customers sending multiple returns in the same container and doing so without incident, but I am very reluctant to risk it. Yes, it might save the return shipping fee, but there is more potential for this sort of situation to arise.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Sorry, this post does not sound legit. I have too many questions...did you not track the package you sent to QVC? Did you not insure it? And as many have said, why send it back to QVC at all....prong repair is wear and tear and is up to you to take care of. What was wrong with the band that it went back too? Makes NO sense. If I bought a bridal set at Walmart I would not expect them to repair prongs, etc, for the life of the item, regardless if the stone was guaranteed. A high end jeweler might be a different story.

Just a dumb post.