Trusted Contributor

Re: Kind of Jewelry You Never Wear

[ Edited ]

@wilma wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I saw a advertisement for a site that made rings by using a passed loved one's molar teeth.  

Not me at all!

This Woman's Engagement Ring Is Her Fiancé's Wisdom Tooth | Tooth ring,  Teeth jewelry, Womens engagement rings

@ECBG 

Oh, heck, no! 👎🏻 Yuck! 

@ECBG  You win the prize tonight.  That is GHASTLY  -  I can't stop laughing !

Honored Contributor

Would never consider costume jewelry although I have a few token items the grands have given me over the years. 

Really outrageous pieces that a toddler would say that I would LOVE to wear.Woman LOL

And I do, I incorporate it with my fine gold jewelry.

Have never bought anything sterling.

Not wild about gemstones.  Do have an emerald cut emerald ring, a beautiful ruby ring and a loose unset sapphire.  I do like diamonds, not moissonite or diamonique-esque things.

Don't like dainty pieces.

I like bold gold, preferably yellow, solid, high polished. 

Don't like etching or laser cut.

I wear all kinds of jewelry including an ankle bracelet sometimes.

I wear earrings, my hair is long, don't care.  My earrings aren't tiny.  Even wear 2 inch hoops sometimes.  Can always pull my hair up.

I love jewelry and don't need to be dressed up to wear really good pieces.  Get a kick out of wearing a shirt with paint on it and a 32 gr. bracelet to the hardware store.  

Have totally stopped wearing earrings because of the mask.  Too risky and I'm not a fool with my money.  

Esteemed Contributor

Usee to wear heavy gold jewelry and had plenty of it (bought it in Hong Kong, Thailand etc) but since I retired, moved to Arizona and let my long hair go grey, except for wedding set, I wear all silver, primarily N.A. by famous makers (Honanie, Alex Sanchez, Bennie Ration, Nelson Morgan) plus I "fill in"with Carolyn Pollack.  I'm fairly petite, height and weight, but I can carry off statement pieces (my Mother was 5'2" and she easily carried off dramatic jewelry) .  I do have some Joan Rivers and rhinestone brooches from the 50s, inherited from my Mother.

Respected Contributor

I never wear big statement necklaces.  

Haven't worn a watch in years.  My phone is always with me...if I am not in a space with a clock, I just check my phone.

Respected Contributor

I don't buy necklaces.  Most of them have a tiny spring ring clasp and I can't put it on by myself.  It is a shame that they make them so that it takes two people to put them on.

frown two.png

Honored Contributor

@fortune wrote:

I don't buy necklaces.  Most of them have a tiny spring ring clasp and I can't put it on by myself.  It is a shame that they make them so that it takes two people to put them on.

@fortune 

I own lots of necklaces, but I agree the tiny spring ring clasps can be really difficult at times. 🥴

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't wear heavy necklaces, no matter the length. I love bracelets and wear all types except the ones with the cords or adjustable closure that one pulls on to adjust the length. I don't like the way the dangling piece feels--bugs me.

ETA: just saw that tooth ring...beyond horrible.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have never worn an ankle bracelet. Even in the early 70s when they were popular in HS. Now my ankles are so thick they don't make ankle bracelets long enough.

Valued Contributor

Well let's see,  I LOVE all jewelry but I must admit there are a couple of categories that tend to sit in my box.  Pearls for one, I have some nice ones but do not incorporate them into my everyday wear.  I think that is partly due to them being stored in silk bags in my dresser drawer....out of sight out of mind!  I love elaborate brooches and have a couple but never wear them.  They are often too heavy for my tops or leave large pinholes.  I also hate getting them into the proper position to look nice on my sweater, blouse, or coat.  Large dangly earrings are out for me as I have a short neck, short hair, and glasses.  Just not a flattering look. Way too much going on!

I have to say not a day goes by that I am not wearing several pieces of different jewelry though!  I pay more attention to that than my clothing choices!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I saw a advertisement for a site that made rings by using a passed loved one's molar teeth.  

Not me at all!

This Woman's Engagement Ring Is Her Fiancé's Wisdom Tooth | Tooth ring,  Teeth jewelry, Womens engagement rings

That's disgusting! I think it's worse than wearing someone's ashes around your neck which is pretty bad in itself.