Respected Contributor

Re: Kennedy Collection - Did I misunderstand Sandra?

Well whether Wallis was a sympathizer or whatever it doesn't affect my appreciation of her jewelry. She is long dead and won't benefit from it. KJL designed several of her pieces if I""m not mistaken and I'm a huge fan of his.

Occasional Contributor

I'm also really sorry to see this line go. As other posters have said, I really enjoyed listening to Mr. Katz's stories and seeing the photos of Jackie wearing the pieces. The shows were always informative and entertaining. I guess there will be room for more Dyson shows now. What a shame.

New Contributor

Sad to see this line discontinued. {#emotions_dlg.sad} I think it's a big mistake. It seems to be a popular line. It's gorgeous jewelry. I will definitely miss Mr. Katz. He really made the line with his wonderful stories, history of the pieces and those beautiful pictures. I wish he'd write a book about her jewelry and include those pictures he's been showing all these years.

New Contributor

On 3/26/2014 sashamatthews said:

Four shows this week and that's it - the entire collection is being retired for good?

The bracelet her father gave her for graduation from high school. I think it was called pyramid style. Mr Katz said Jackie put it in her father's coffin when he died. How we're they able to make copy of it without original piece.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/27/2014 rac71 said: I have the crystal baguette bracelet and the floral garden bracelet. The latter looks stunning when I wear my imperial topaz necklace, earrings and ring. The champagne crystals pick up the rich golden yellow of the topaz stones. I ordered the spring blossom bracelet this afternoon. I like the design, and that the base is pewter not brass or nickel-based metal. I can't wear fashion earrings and have been having terrible reactions to fashion jewelry necklaces, too. So far, I've been ok with the bracelets.

I've heard Mr. Katz say that none of their pieces contain nickel. I'm allergic to nickel also so I don't normally wear costume jewelry. I haven't had any problems with this line.

KJPA
Trusted Contributor

Oops. Messed up a quote and can't delete this post.

KJPA
Super Contributor

On 3/26/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I don't know how long this line has been on QVC but I know it was on HSN before Q. I don't know if it was also on another shopping channel or just HSN and Q.

This line was on Shop at Home with Mr Katz for years before they closed their doors for good.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/27/2014 abbie jo said:
On 3/26/2014 sashamatthews said:

Four shows this week and that's it - the entire collection is being retired for good?

The bracelet her father gave her for graduation from high school. I think it was called pyramid style. Mr Katz said Jackie put it in her father's coffin when he died. How we're they able to make copy of it without original piece.

I'd like to know this one too! I'm guessing they were able to get the information from the original jeweler or descendants??? If they could get that info and prove she had possession that is probably enough to put it in the line.

KJPA
Esteemed Contributor

Many women wore faux pearls in the 20th century, cultured salt water pearls were very expensive in post war Japan and not everyone had a real strand of pearls. My mom's dear friend only had one strand of pearls, they were faux Mallorca ones. My mom bought unstrung pearls back from Japan in the early 1960s while my sisters and I were children and they were kept until given as high school graduation presents. Cultured fresh water pearls from Japan were also very expensive back then as well, there wasn't any such thing as the cultured fresh water pearl industry in China as there is today. When I got my ears pierced back in 1973, I couldn't even buy a pair of real pearl stud earrings at the department store and my mom couldn't buy a pair at a store even on a visit to Japan, she had a pair made for me.

With fresh water pearls so inexpensive today relatively, I also wonder if it's cost feasible for factories to make faux pearls any more.

New Contributor

I am truly devastated. It is just a few years into this century and elegant style has come to an end. I am known for wearing pearls. I started buying pearls before the JBK line came to QVC. I have to admit it was not until around... maybe 2010 that I tried the JBK pearl jewelry and once I did I also felt that there was absolutely no need to continue purchasing the "real" pearls. I understand that the line was based on the pearls. However, I do not fully understand why the ENTIRE collection has to die. PLEASE RECONSIDER!!! PLEASE CONTINUE THIS COLLECTION!!!