Contributor
I wonder if Antonella will be doing the spring show in Italy soon?
Honored Contributor

The jewelry shows from Italy have gotten old for me.   I didn't even watch the last one that Antonella did.   Since QVC is downplaying jewelry,  maybe they'll discontinue them.   They must be expensive to produce. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

After reading on these forums how much jewelry people buy, I bought stock in a gold mine.......................

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I don't see the point of spending all that money so that the host and staff can get a free trip to Italy.  If they had shown really incredible, new jewelry, really upscale (like Arte d'Orto), maybe it would be worthwhile.  As it is, they show the same old, same old that they show right here in the studio in PA.

Honored Contributor

Re: Jewelry show inItaly

[ Edited ]

It made sense to go to Italy back in the days when they brought us true 'fine Italian jewelry'. The stuff they've focussed upon for the past several years doesn't warrant a remote from Italy. These shows used to feature beautiful pieces presented by successful Italian designers. Sending a team to Italy to show us fashion jewelry just makes no sense.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@loveour4leggedfriends wrote:

I don't see the point of spending all that money so that the host and staff can get a free trip to Italy.  If they had shown really incredible, new jewelry, really upscale (like Arte d'Orto), maybe it would be worthwhile.  As it is, they show the same old, same old that they show right here in the studio in PA.

Based on the advertising commentary in previous shows, I seriously doubt QVC pays 100% of the costs .....  I'm sure there is some "promotional consideration" for them coming to Italy and promoting the quality, workmanship and unique designs.