Honored Contributor

Re: Jewelry or Manicures? Selling which ones?

Kathy Levine wrote in her first book that hosts were always to have very pale polishes on, otherwise too distracting. Q rules, not hers. Hosts on JTV have long nails, but they all have pale polishes or French, I have heard them say that is the rule. 

Trusted Contributor

I think they are tacky, just my opinion. But I agree, the sales people are to be selling jewelry not nail polish.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  hahaha so true! I don't even know how a girl with super long acrylics would text someone Smiley Very Happy.  Maybe they do voice to text forms of text messaging? Also, how do they put on jewelry with tiny lobster clasps? 

Esteemed Contributor

I worked with a lady who had very long nails and she was very slow on the computer. She used a stylus to type, one letter at a time. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qvcfreak  Wow, that reminds me of a former coworker who had very long acrylic nails and she had to completely lock and outstretch her fingers to type on an ipad with the pads of her fingetips so that her nails wouldn't scratch the screen or get in the way.  It must be terrible overtime for dexterity and the hand muscles and joints to have super long acrylic nails.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Those nails are hideous.

I think those nails are meant to appeal to the Q's target audience, which I think in today's world has changed.

I don't think there are many large corps. that would hire someone w/nails like those.

I know that nails like those are not hygienic and would not be appropriate in a medical setting. Certainly doesn't fit the criteria for "Dress for Success"

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Trusted Contributor

I always wondered how they cleaned themselves in the bathroom if you catch my drift.
Occasional Contributor

I agree this nail trend has been so popular for more than a year.

and how distracting could they be? I think people should remember that these presenters have a personal life too and why should they sacrifice for us? I know very well it's their job to please the customers but this takes it way too far. Let them be themselves

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

You must go through life distracted because nait art is absolutely everywhere.  It's how women have been expressing and adorning themselves for a long time.  I don't.  Because I'm cheap...lol.   I honestly don't see how nails can distract from jewelry.  

Not a fan of those nails but a distraction? Hardly. But many have to complain 

about every little thing hosts say, do or wear. 

Trusted Contributor

It's their job and no one should have to explain that to them, it's just another "It's all about ME" attitude. I told more than one employee that she needed to cover a tatoo, could not wear more than 2 earrings per ear and even that YES, she needed to wear a bra in the office. Shame of QVC for allowing their sales staff to outshine what they are to be selling.

Yes, I'm old and a fuddy-duddy when it comes to professionalism in the place of business.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)