Honored Contributor

Re: Jewelry Designers I Want to See on QVC

@gigy wrote:

To answer your question:

1. Because I am tired of seeing the same old designs and their designers on QVC

2. Because these designers and many more like them are creative and bring really unique designs, use of diamonds in bezel sets, method of gold dot accents such as Ananda Khalsa on her pendants and rings that are special and interesting

3. Because I would love to share with others, designers that I love and believe others might enjoy seeing and knowing about.

4. Assuming QVC brings consumers the "best value" for their money, it might be possible to purchase a Jamie Joseph ring that normally costs $600, for $400 or possibly less.

5. There is NOTHING WRONG with change and something new!

@gigy

No, there's nothing wrong with change, but not change just for change's sake.  I'm a real jewelry lover .... and I've never even heard of any of those designers!   If they are just up and coming, it's too soon.

Not everyone wants to pay $400-$600 for a ring.   QVC certainly has many years of knowing what does and doesn't sell well on their shopping channel.   I don't know what their specific criteria is, but unknown designers probably won't qualify.  JMO

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Holly Yashi was on QVC for a short time...

I'm a jewelry lover too and have QVC to thank for that.  And while I wish they'd go back to the Silver Style days, I don't want designers to go to them for my purchasing.

QVC is a mass retailer like Target or Amazon.  I don't mind a purchase or two from time to time, but wouldn't go to them anymore for jewelry pieces that are meant to be "special".  

I now look around and space out my purchases so the piece is really something I will love and wear for a long time.

Honored Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

I am curious... why would you want them to be on QVC?  Why not just purchase where they are already offered? 

My thoughts exactly njgirl.  If you know where you can purchase why would you want them somewhere else.  I know its not because of easy pay because Q is not famous for that.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gigy wrote:

They are:

Gabrielle Sanchez

Jane Diaz

Love Heals

Danielle Welmond

Jeanine Payer ( retired from jewelry making, but coming back to it)

Ted Muehling

Ananda Khalsa

Freida Rothman

Miguel Ases

Jamie Joseph

Christopher Poly

Holy Yoshi

La Vie Parisienne

I'm curious, Would you want a dumbed down piece from their line?   Anyone who had a line and comes here has to cheapen it to sell here.  Look at Tacori.....

Honored Contributor

I do love my jewelry but not THAT much.  I don't know any of those people and I don't really care about who designed a piece of jewelry.  Perhaps I would if I was buying a $20,0000 piecce.  Shopping Channel is shopping channel jewelry.  I buy what appeals to me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would like to see "real" designers work specifically with Diamonique.  For a while we had Tacori, Jose Hess, Hidalgo, and others whose names escape me right now.  At this time all we have is "the Diamonique team" who quite frankly, seems to be sleeping on the job.

They have a good product, why not take advantage of it by giving it a real chance.

Adding: I don't mean people like Ripka and JAI who work it into their designs, I mean a designer who specifically works with DMQ to create a designer DMQ line.

Frequent Contributor

Sonia Bitton is on evine.

Contributor

SCOTT KAY and MICHAEL DAWKINS

Contributor

I don't know any of these designers that topic started listed...

Contributor

Maybe because QVC has better prices and easy pays?