Regular Contributor
@SharkE it's called age!
Honored Contributor

I don't know didn't think he was that old when he started going down hill. Looks like some Dr. got ahold of him and if he was a diabetic put him on some kind of new eating program.

I knew a man that looked OK, then, a Dr. told him he was a diabetic and put the fear into him and next time I saw him he looked like death walking.  Skinny as a stick, hollow cheeked, gaunt looking, etc.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I don't know didn't think he was that old when he started going down hill. Looks like some Dr. got ahold of him and if he was a diabetic put him on some kind of new eating program.

I knew a man that looked OK, then, a Dr. told him he was a diabetic and put the fear into him and next time I saw him he looked like death walking.  Skinny as a stick, hollow cheeked, gaunt looking, etc.

Agree some folks just can't deal with medical issues.  My husband's cousin was put on a blood thinner several years ago.  For about three years, he was convinced he was going to bleed to death and stopped gardening (which he loved) and just generally lived in fear.

Eventually, he got over that, but now he's pre-diabetic and he checks his sugar once an hour and is sure he's going to go into a coma.

Sad.

Honored Contributor

WOW!

Super Contributor

I used to love to watch Jay's shows and bought a lot of his jewelry over the years. Once I retired in 2016, I don't wear jewelry as much as I used to - so I don't watch as much as I used to.

I will say this ... his jewelry must still be very popular. Last year, I donated 20+ pieces to a dog rescue for their auction and all of the pieces were very popular and made lots of money for the rescue.

Honored Contributor

I bought a few of JK's pieces years ago they were well made.  I find his pieces now,  alittle gaudy for me.  I am a big fan of Samuel B on ShopHQ.  His pieces are beautiful and well made.  The prices are reasonable as well.  

Respected Contributor

@GinaV24 @Isobel Archer 

If you would like to purchase high quality Larimar, you can purchase directly from shops in Dominican Republic.

I found that information here, a few years ago, from a couple of bloggers.

I can't speak for what is current, but when I purchased my pieces, they were the exact pieces as shown online. They are not selling thousands of pieces as TV presenters are selling.

On TV they are showing the best of the lot, not what you will be receiving.

I would ask the seller if a pictured item is the exact piece that would be received.

The pieces that I got had more blue and less white. The deeper the blue, the better quality of the piece. What they call a "turtle back pattern", is the most desireable. I bought a beautiful silver cuff bracelet with that pattern on the center stone.

One shop that I bought a few pieces from is The Larimar Shop.

There are other shops too. Just Google Larimar for sale in Dominican Republic. Some may also have shops on Etsy.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered a pair of earrings from  his last visit - sleeping beauty turquoise in silver - small turq on top with an oval shaped stone underneath.  Not sure that I am keeping them, they are smaller than they looked on TV - no surprise there and I didn't check the mm size until after the order was shipped.  They are cute and wear more like a stud earring than what I am looking for which is another reason why they may go back.

I have other turquoise earrings that I like much better. 

Esteemed Contributor

thank you @Enufstuff I didn't know that. I appreciate the information and I'll check it out. Always nice to have options!

Regular Contributor
I find the sizing on J's rings to be off. Either too big or small. He does look rather thin now. I hope he's not ill. Could be he was told to lise weight due to medical issues which seems to go hand I'm hand with aging 😆!