Trusted Contributor

I have several pieces of John Hardy ~is Jai the same quality ? just wondering why it is so much less

Esteemed Contributor

@CoastalGal, Jai pieces are solid and weighty

Trusted Contributor

I saw a bracelet tonight and its only $195 vs alot more for similar J HArdy

Respected Contributor
I collect John Hardy also. I was wondering the same thing. I collect mostly the "Kali" pieces , but like Liveoutloud had said , Jai pieces are significantly
Lower..!!
Contributor

I heard him tell the story today. He works for them but they gave him the JAI line to do for QVC only. So he bases his designs on his travels. He works for Hardy and they are of the same quality as Hardy. If you buy Hardy and like the looks of JAI get one today, they are beautiful and sturdy. I purchase the Sun burst enhancer and cant wait to get it.

Respected Contributor
@Roxie Poker..thanks for the Jai information. It's very interesting to hear the connection behind it. I'll take a look at the collection.
Frequent Contributor

I have three pieces of John Hardy jewelry.  I just purchase the Jai cross with the blue topaz stones.  I am excited about getting this piece.  I agree there seems to be little difference between Jai vs. Hardy pieces.  They look the same to me, accept for the price!

Super Contributor

I love Jai pieces, they are truly lovely. The John Hardy line is more delicate, and more craftsmanship is put into the jewelry. Styles are similar. Jai silver is very soft, I get small dents very easily. It tarnish easily. I could clean rings, but it is very hard to clean bracelets. They just lack this shine after a while, no matter how much you clean them. You will need to polish your rings, because there are plenty of marks on the back. I have jai earrings, and like them a lot.  If you look at Naga line, it has much more details and precious stones. The price is worth it. Both lines are good.

Respected Contributor
@alice87... thanks for the interesting feedback and comparisons between the 2!
Honored Contributor

Re: Jai vs John Hardy

[ Edited ]

I'm definitely new to this ballgame, but I have pieces of Jai that I'm CRAZY about. I've collected Sterling silver jewelry for over 30 years, and some of my Jai Pieces rank among my best.