Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper. No, I agree w/ you. She's down grading the brand of Jai when she makes that comparison, but is also, in a way, showing the buyer that there's very little difference between the 2 lines. I have a JH bracelet that I wear w/ a Jai cuff bracelet.

As someone who makes silver jewelry, I can attest to the fact I see no difference in quality of construction or the weight of the pieces. 

Jai is a way to sell JH to more people at an affordable price w/o compromising the value and losing the fewer customers who are purchasing JH in jewelry stores...designer, status brand at much higher price. 

If you're not the type to care whether a designer name is associated w/ your jewelry, go w/ Jai....no disearnable difference.

Honored Contributor

Great information, thank you @Shanus!

Valued Contributor

For those who are a fan of Jai and JH my favorite Tjmaxx has a nice collection of JH jewelry.Today I purchase a wide woven bracelet for under $400.00 , retail for over $900.00 for $$370.00 dollars with taxes. No waiting on delivery, and able to feel the weight, outstanding craftsmanship.Happy mother day.to me.You don't need to layer.I have to admit I have a weakness.With retirement in less than 2 years my purchases has decreased in the purchasing of jewelry.This bracelet scream at me. My gardening will dim those screams.😂

Super Contributor

John Hardy sold his company years ago.

Valued Contributor

John Hardy was establish in 1975.John Hardy sold his company in 2007 with Miles Graham still as president and CEO.In 2014 the company was sold again to a equity firm Catterton, Miles Graham in no longer CEO.  So far the quality has not change, because most of the same artisans are still with the company. I am buying less jewelry, But could not pass on this bargain.

Honored Contributor

All I know is that I fell in love with the Jai Croco bracelet (it was the large one around $400 originally) and although at that point I really didn't "know" John Hardy or Jai.... when it came I was stunned at the workmanship and beauty of this bracelet.  

The quality runs circles around the other brands at QVC.... seriously.  I'm taking my time and looking for a pair of earrings next.  Don't necessarily want matching Croco pieces.... and then, a necklace~!    

The brands I'm comparing it to include Michael dawkins, Judith Ripka, Or Paz, Hagit.  The only brand that I feel comes close or equal is Barbara Bixby!  I hope the brand stays the quality it is now....!  

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

@Q4u.   I also enjoy my Jai croco pieces.  I purchased the ring, an enhancer and a necklace.   After each wearing I wipe them with a jewerly cloth and put them in C L's sterling silver boxes.  They are ready for next time and I wear them often.   They look like new and I have had no problem with tarnish.   I am a retired 72 year old so my budget is limited.  I enjoy his shows but am trying to be careful because I know when the right piece comes along  I will want a set not just 1 piece.    

At my age I don't have need of more jewerly.  I could open a small store.  I have already started giving my DILs and GDILs their favorite pieces.  By giving them now. I can still see them and see the pleasure the girls have in wearing them.

QVC Customer Care