Regular Contributor

WOW! I just went on to E_Bay to look for a specific JR bee pin that is no longer maide, and I could not believe the prices these people are sell ing pre-owned JR bees for!!

I hope people who are collectors, are smart enough to check the QVC site before buying any of these!

Example: The plaid red bee that is currently on the Q, some ebay seller wants $150.00 for it!! Would anyone spend that much espcially if they are un aware that IT'S NEW

Honored Contributor

@Deelor wrote:

WOW! I just went on to E_Bay to look for a specific JR bee pin that is no longer maide, and I could not believe the prices these people are sell ing pre-owned JR bees for!!

I hope people who are collectors, are smart enough to check the QVC site before buying any of these!

Example: The plaid red bee that is currently on the Q, some ebay seller wants $150.00 for it!! Would anyone spend that much espcially if they are un aware that IT'S NEW

@Deelor

You need to search COMPLETED listings to see what they actually sold for.   A person can list something for any price they want, but it doesn't mean anyone will buy it!  

Honored Contributor

Re: JR EBAY SELLER rip off

[ Edited ]

@Deelor

Hopefully if they buy it it will say "returnable." 

One of the options for returning is "found item at a lower price."

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

As an Ebay reseller, I agree!  

It actually started (of course, with JR's passing) and realizing that certain limited edition pieces were being sought after (hard) and other pieces would never be made again. (This was prior to the collection going forward with the daughter).  The collectors (at the time) drove the auction prices up and viola.... the sellers saw this and decided ~everything~ JR would have that kind of value.  Of course it doesn't, but many sellers are putting her items up as though they are.....

Always "Buyer Beware".... check other sources if you can and see if the item is really a limited edition piece or can be purchased elsewhere for a normal price.

These sellers are really what gives eBay a bad name..... but we're all not like that!  Woman Happy

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

Re: JR EBAY SELLER rip off

[ Edited ]

JR jewelry pieces pricing went sky high right after her passing. I thought that would be a good time to sell any unwanted pieces. Over time some of the pricies have fallen, due to supply and demand.  Seems her bee's really hold the value for collectors.

Broswse and see what all is available, there is always a rogue seller that thinks they can charge anything they want and rip-off buyers. Those are the auctions usually left unsold at the end. The best bargains are the ones you search for!

Respected Contributor

I know what you mean - Saw a listing for pre-owned JR earrings for $99!

Contributor

Judith Ripka is dead??

Contributor

Sorry!  Just realized you all are talking about Joan Rivers!  

Forgive the silly question please