Super Contributor

I am a huge JAI fan, but I just don't think I can take these rapid price changes anymore.They are making my head spin.  Everytime I buy a piece, the price is reduced after a short period of time.  It makes me not want to buy anymore new pieces.  If I wait a few months, I can get a much better deal.

Everyone likes a sale, but some of these pieces are only in inventory a few months before a reduction.  I have wasted so much money getting excited about a new piece and immediately buying it, only to see it reduced a very short time later.

I bought all 4 Taj pieces in June to wear to my daughter's wedding.  The prices went up after my purchase, and I was glad I bought them when I did.  Then, they were reduced back down for this sale a day or two ago.  Now I just noticed that 3 of the 4 are at a One Day Only Price and are half off.  I feel sick.  I can't believe they are this cheap this soon after their debuit.  I love them.  In fact I wore them all today.  Now I am just disappointed in myself for buying too soon.  

I don't know any other lines that has such fluctuating prices on a regular basis.  It is sooooooo frustrating.  

Valued Contributor

kcubed~~I know exactly how you feel.  I bought the circular enhancer  in maybe May or June and it had been out for 6- 8 months.  Today it is half price on the sale.  I guess it is good for some who get it on a sale price.  But I felt frustrated.  I should have waited a few months.  It seems this is only with Jai.  I guess it is always a gamble.  Just know that you are not the only one who noticed that.

Honored Contributor

Obviously none of us knew QVC was going to have these 50% off sales on jewelry and clothing when we made purchases a few months ago.  They've never done this before.  You got what you wanted and have enjoyed wearing it so don't beat yourself up over it.  This can easily happen in any retail business.  It may never happen again at QVC.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Unfortunatley, 

Respected Contributor

Honestly that's a reality of shopping anywhere -- TV or retail.  Just the way it goes.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: JAI Price Changes

[ Edited ]

@Kcubed

You can drive yourself crazy trying to beat the pricing games (anywhere). I suggest being grateful for what you have, love what you have, and let the negative feelings go. I always figure that, in the end, everything balances out anyway (I.e. You save money here; you don't there, etc.). I love this line, too! I own some beautiful JAI pieces....and, yes, many went on sale after I bought them--but I chose not to dwell on it. Enjoy your beautiful jewelry! You obviously have great taste.

Frequent Contributor

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

@Kcubed

You can drive yourself crazy trying to beat the pricing games (anywhere). I suggest being grateful for what you have, love what you have, and let the negative feelings go. I always figure that, in the end, everything balances out anyway (I.e. You save money here; you don't there, etc.). I love this line, too! I own some beautiful JAI pieces....and, yes, many went on sale after I bought them--but I chose not to dwell on it. Enjoy your beautiful jewelry! You obviously have great taste.

Nice post @Goldengate8361. I agree with you.

Valued Contributor

Yes, the retail game. Buy now and have your pick of size and color or wait and see if it goes on sale.

I too love Jai jewelry and saw some of my recent purchases on sale. At least I got to purchase some Jewelry that was on my wish list at reduced prices. The same thing happens out in retail it is just not so easy to determine that as it is online or on air.

Two of my current favorite Jai pieces are the carved flower bracelet and ring. They are discounted 40 bucks between them but I have so enjoyed wearing them that it doesn't bother me. If they were 50% off I'm sure I would be a bit disappointed. Perhaps we can take these sale prices into consideration before buying, but if you can't live without it that's a bit of a gamble.

"The love you extend to others, will eventually find it's way back to you, no matter how many times it has left you hurt."
Valued Contributor

What I really think is unfair, and it has nothing to do with the JAI line, is when QVC DRASTICALLY lowers the price on a previous TSV, i.e. the Honora adjustable Ming pearl necklace.  I went back and looked at my orders and I spent way, way more when it was a TSV that what they are offering it for now.  And as far as retail goes, if you have a receipt, more and more stores have no time limit on returns so they would honor the lower price or take your item back, although I don't do retail shopping so much that I would probably ever know...

I wish once an item is a TSV, it can never be any lower in price.

Respected Contributor

hmmm.............lower prices are a good thing in my book.  !!!    these are spontaneous, short-term deals.  i can live with that.