Honored Contributor

Info re meaning of the Dragonfly

One of my passions, besides jewelry, is Native American history and culture. I've taken a Native American history class and have read some books on the meaning and symbolism of different animals and insects to the Native American culture.

So since we're all excited and waiting to see about the Dragonfly enhancer, I thought I'd do a little research and found some websites that gave the meaning of the Dragonfly in the Native American culture. All tribes/nations can have different meanings for the same thing so this is meant to be a general meaning not for any specific tribe/nation.

The dragonfly is a symbol of "seeing through lifes illusions and find one's true vision. It asks us to transform within our lives and reminds us to feel deeply so we will have the compassion necessary to help ourselves and other." From Answers.com

The "dragonfly spirit is the essence of the winds of change, the messages of wisdom and enlightenment." From Suite 101

The dragonfly is to represent "seeing beyond oneself, live life to the fullest and change in perspective of self realization, mental and emotional maturity and the deeper meaning of life." Forgive me, I forgot to write down the website for this one.

This is just an overview of what was said. There were quite a few websites that talked about the dragonfly and its meaning. Hope you all enjoyed this and maybe it will make the enhancer even more special to you.

Judy