Honored Contributor

Just bought my first Invicta and it comes with a chrome "dive case".   Actually, it seems like they all do.   What is the purpose of these boxes?  Most of them hold many watches.  

I was also wondering why they give them out repeatedly  ...  possibly to make it more difficult to return the watch?  lol

Some women must have many of these boxes, so what do you do with them?   There must be other uses, other than donatng them to Goodwill.

Your thoughts?  TIA 

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 I'd like to know also.  I bought one watch that came with a huge case that had 8 slots.  I thought "wth will I do with this."  They should keep the case and lower the price of the watches.

Honored Contributor

I forgot to mention ... I did a search of these on ebay (completed listings) and it doesn't appear that many of them sell.    

Honored Contributor

I take those big,  ugly boxes right from the mailbox to the garbage can.   They are useless.   I've actually contacted Invicta and told them I will not buy and pay for another watch that comes with one of those stupid cases.   What is the point of paying for something that is trash?  Imagine the cost to return it. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Like many others who have collected a lot of watches,  I have too many dive cases.   And I don't want another one. 

But here is what I have done with some of the ones I have... First I take out the entire foam bottom where the watches would go.  Then I have turned the 8 slot and 3 slot boxes into storage for tools, shoe cleaning supplies, sewing supplies, etc.  I also use a 1 slot box to store thumb drives for my laptop.  And I've given away some of the larger boxes.

I don't find these boxes useful for storing ladies watches because the pillows are hard and too large for the watches once they are sized.  I can leave the watch clasps open,  but it's not ideal.

Honored Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie

I'm glad you said the foam and stuff can be taken out.   I suppose it can be used as some sort of storage box.   thanks for the idea.

Respected Contributor

Tinkrbl:  if you are handy, you can also retrofit the inside.  I'm not that person.  So I just pull the guts out and put stuff in. 

I've been told some of the guys use it for gun storage (you can put a lock on the larger cases).  It's also 'useful' if you want to keep something water-tight, to store in a garage or on a boat.  Supposedly the gasket system on the boxes makes them water-proof.  And I would think that would come in handy for anyone who went camping.

Lots of collections would benefit from a water and humidity safe environment.   Stamp collecting comes to mind,  if anyone does that anymore.  

And if you have children or grandchildren,  the boxes could be used to store little toys,  like legos or mini cars.

For those of us who live in small apartments,  the boxes have more limited uses.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I feel your pain.

A horrible waste of materials and money.

It's a way to snag people by encouraging them to buy multiples of watches and if you think about it, it's easier to foist watches on people, because it costs so much to return.

The actual cases were useful. I have use the one-slots to store batteries, cords to my eelctronic devices and extra watch links. The three slot I used for a first aid case. I actually did store watches in some, but then I got rid of the original boxes to accommodate them

This dive box thing is good, because then I won't buy--unless it's a really special, but in most cases, it's a real deal breaker.

Honored Contributor

Well, the watch I bought comes with a 3 section chrome dive box .... at least it's pretty! 

Respected Contributor

Those are nicer. I just saw them show the pro diver diamond watch.