Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@BlingQueen022  The trouble with silicone bands (beside being very hot)  is that they stain and get dirty and it's virtually impossible to clean them.   I got a brand new watch with a white silicone band and wore it the first time with a pair of indigo jeans.   The dye on the jeans rubbed off on the watch and badly stained the white band.   I have a considerable arsenal of stain removing products and none made the slightest dent in this stain.   Even Clorox was ineffective.   I no longer buy silicone banded watches. 

@Kachina624 Hi Kachina.  I hear ya about silicom watches, but I only wear them to work.  I never wear them out in the summer on the weekends at all.  I'm usually in air conditioned office.  Out on the weekens I'll wear a stainless steel watch.  This one will work for me for sure.  I have so many watches, the silicone ones I only wear during the week when i'm at my desk.  I thought the colors were really cute.  I couldn't pass it up. 

Respected Contributor

BQ:  enjoy your new watch.  I think the colorful designs are a nice addition to a watch wardrobe.  Personally,  I prefer a stainless steel bracelet,  but many ladies love the silicone straps.  I have one or two and they are much more comfortable than the older poly or rubber straps.  In really hot weather,  the only thing I find comfortable is a light weight watch with a thin leather strap.  And most of my watches don't fit into that category anymore. Smiley Happy

Dark jeans and other dark clothing will stain almost anything these days.... watches, handbags, other clothing, car seats.  Only stainless steel and ceramic seem to be safe.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie wrote:

BQ:  enjoy your new watch.  I think the colorful designs are a nice addition to a watch wardrobe.  Personally,  I prefer a stainless steel bracelet,  but many ladies love the silicone straps.  I have one or two and they are much more comfortable than the older poly or rubber straps.  In really hot weather,  the only thing I find comfortable is a light weight watch with a thin leather strap.  And most of my watches don't fit into that category anymore. Smiley Happy

Dark jeans and other dark clothing will stain almost anything these days.... watches, handbags, other clothing, car seats.  Only stainless steel and ceramic seem to be safe.

@Lavenderjunkie Thank you!  When I saw those watches I was drooling lol  I love colorful things.  It was hard to choose a color, but I don't have a pink strap watch and I love that it had the orange face to it.  I have another silicon watch I purchased from Evine, and I love it.  I've worn it in the summer and it was hot at all.  I'm in air conditioning most of the time anyway.  This particular watch I have has a thick strap on it.  I need to get to a jeweler one of these days and get my batteries replaced on my good watches.  Enjoy your Sunday.  Have a good upcoming week ahead. 

Respected Contributor

BlingQueen,

I was about say exactly what LavJ said. So springy and for the price you pay, a great deal.

There is something about Invicta's proprietary straps, but at $98, this is not a watch for "future generations." And you know it.

Have fun!

Honored Contributor

@Lavenderjunkie wrote:

Yes,  it's a very good value, even if you don't have any use for the dive case.  The watch has very good specifications and is a classic design.  The abalone dial is beautiful.  I have several 38mm pro divers/grand divers and also several other abalone dial watches in other styles. 

Not to get too techy,  but the watch has a very good level of water resistance, a screw-down crown  and a reliable automatic movement.  That means,  no battery.   If you wear the watch every day,  you won't need to wind it up.   If you set it down for more than a day,  you need to reset the time/date  and give it a wind or just put it on your wrist.  It also appears to be solidly built, based on the weight given and the detail pictures.  It's all stainless steel and has a 5 year limited manufacturers warranty.

Most of the other TTVs they did of similar styles were $129 for quartz and higher for automatics.

@Lavenderjunkie

Thanks for your insights!    Woman LOL