Respected Contributor

Re: High-end watch...where to buy?

A nationwide jeweler such as Jared is not overly willing to negotiate, hence I'm looking for local jewelers....but doesn't need to be local to me.
Respected Contributor

Rach:  just be sure you understand all the details of the return policy.  That can be more important than the price in some cases. 

Respected Contributor

I went to the maker's website and decided to randomly call some authorized dealers around the country. A few offered 25% off right off the bat. One jeweler in CA has stellar reviews online, several noting their wonderful customer service when ordering by out-of-state buyers. My gut told me to go with them. On my way home from work, I stopped at a local authorized dealer. They wouldn't discount at all and let me walk out. So I called the store in CA and ordered my watch. 25% off and no tax. Shipping via FedEx to be delivered for signature on Monday. The SA even asked me what size I want the strap sized to (all extra links will be in the box.) When I told her I didn't know, she suggested I grab a piece of string and a ruler to size my wrist, and she patiently waited while I measured. Can't wait to get my watch on Monday!