Super Contributor

Evine has great Native American jewelry - and , yes most of it is made in USA - all parts - so I have some of the Dine Spirit jewelry and just love the brand  - very high quality - I have so much I have to stop buying - so I am wearing it as I clean the house....

Esteemed Contributor

I am right there with you. I have my eye on three rings on the Q as my birthday present to me for this "big number" birthday.  I wear my jewelry all the time except for the shower and bed.  I want to really enjoy it. I worked for it. I paid for it. Why should I let it sit in the jewelry box?  Life is too difficult and too short not to enjoy those things that bring a smile to our face. IMO

Trusted Contributor

So sorry, Long Time, but I am the last person you should call on to exercise restraint when it comes to jewelry.  If I had any resistance, I'd use it myself.  Ain't gonna happen.

Honored Contributor

I would tell anyone who already has a varied jewelry collection and who wants to slow down or stop adding to it, to make a commitment to that goal.

Yes, you can do it.  We won't even talk about how many pieces I used to buy nor what I spent doing that.  After all, what we spend relates to what we have - providing we pay for what we spend every month.  That was pretty much the only thing that used to stop me -  I had to be able to pay every dollar that showed up on my credit card.

Then in October of 2012, I sold some damaged pieces, added a bit and bought wonderful gold earrings.  I love them, but I walked out of the jewelry store saying that's the end.  I have so much.

Since that day, I haven't been perfect, but I've reduced my jewelry spending in all the months since then to under a $3/month average and added just 2 items to my collection while donating and selling many, many times that.

There certainly are other ways to save, but that was mine and the savings have been significant.

I truly don't miss buying as much as I thought I might, and I find I use what I already have much more creatively.

Valued Contributor

Go to your jewelry box and look at all the jewelry you now have,remember the joy it brought you,do you really need more? When was the last time you look at your  all your jewelry.ls the piece you have your eyes on,similar to your other jewelry? Is there jewelry you forgot you have still bring joy? If not give it away to someone you know will like it.Then, if the desire is still there buy it and change the channel.Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Help me resist....

[ Edited ]

@CaneCorsoMom  The stuff Evine is selling is greatly over-priced.  I gasp when they put the price of some of this stuff, with second rate stones, on the screen.  You're paying at least 50% more than you would for better quality at a store in Albuquerque.  

I'd browse the Internet for purchasing Indian jewelry.  I've bought many pieces from a Navajo silversmith named Alex Sanchez...you might google him as a starting point.   He sells through some of the nicest galleries; I've bought his stuff through Native Treasures of New Mexico, which frequently has sales.  Register with them to be notified.  Browse the galleries where Alex jewelry is sold.  Garland's  in Sedona is one of the finest purveyors of Indian-made handicrafts in the world.

If Paul Deasy has his hand in selling something, it's second rate quality.  If you buy from a reputable store, you're going to get good quality both in silver work and stones plus you get things that are more original and sophisticated than what you see on TV.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment