Valued Contributor
Helenite is not a "gemstone"....it is glass. If you Google "Helenite" you can read for yourself that Helenite has the exact compounds as glass. Know what you are buying., thus the cheap price QVC is offering this jewelry. Helenite is simply glass.
New Contributor

Re: Helenite..Don't Be Fooled!

Helenite is glass in the same sense that natural obsidian is glass. Helenite is synthesized from ash from Mount Saint Helens. It is an absolutely beautiful material - especially the stones that are four carats or more. I own scores of different types of natural gems - including zultanite, color change garnet, apatite. I never - almost never - buy synthetic stones, but helenite is absolutely gorgeous. I have become a fan.

Honored Contributor

I don't know that I'd consider it to be synthetic because it doesn't synthesize any stone found in nature, however it is processed and doesn't occur naturally.  I imagine most people who own it are aware of its origins.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Actually obsidian is natural.  It is extrusive volcanic igneous rock.

Honored Contributor

Yes, obsidian is natural and did you ever see the igneous rocks called "Apache tears"?  I used to have a double handful of them.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fascinating     I've heard of them and just looked them up on wiki.   Remembered about Trinitite, the nuclear glass formed pebbles collected as souvenirs at Alamagordo

Honored Contributor

Hey, if they can sell drusy, and crystal and doublets and Diamonique and other simulatnts, synthetics and so on, they can sell Helenite...

Smiley Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

helenite is hyper heated lava ash, which to me is much more desirable than irradiated and possibly radioactive blue topaz!

Respected Contributor

Most here know what their buying.

Honored Contributor

This thread was started 3 1/2 hears ago.  LOL